17: It All Falls Apart

«Hi! I left you with a cliffhanger but now here's the continuation. Don't worry, this leads up to the big reveal to who the shooter(s) are & gives a clue to what Jackson did. This will make sense. Don't forget to vote/ comment! Bye!✌»
_______

Jackson

I felt content with having Allison by my side. It would be amazing to have Isaac at my side but I know that's not really an option for me at this point. I feel better about everything simply just knowing I have someone that's still in my corner. That not everyone has abandoned me. I know what I did is not nor will it ever be excusable. He didn't deserve for me to open old wounds again and pour salt in them. I practically lost everything and it's hard.

I care about Isaac so much and it's truly amazing how he has changed me for the better. Talking to Allison has been nice. It's nice actually being able to get some stuff off of my chest and have someone listening. It's nice knowing that someone talked to you because they care instead of because they were looking for a quick fuck. I miss having that the most. I miss Isaac and Bambino but he's basically kicked me out of their lives.

Allison and I are still sitting on the floor talking. She's catching me up on what i've missed in her life. Apparently Malia really is her sister and her parents made up. She's going to be a big sister to a baby boy soon and that Peter, not Chris, is pregnant this time. She's still not over McCall, but everyday it gets easier to move on. Overall, she's happy and i'm happy for her.

"So, what's the game plan?", she asked. My eyebrows furrowed together, "For what?", I asked. She scoffed, "You're telling me you have no idea what i'm talking about?", she asked incredulously. I shook my head and groaned. "Isaac. What's your game plan on getting him back?", she responded. I smiled sadly, "I have none, Allistar. He hates my guts now and he has every right to. What I did to him was unforgivable. He doesn't need me in his life when he has all of you", I whispered, my heart breaking even more than it already was.

She frowned, "Don't say that, Jack-Jack. He doesn't hate your guts and what you did may not be easily forgivable or forgotten but it's still forgivable. Everything will work it's way out", she assured but I didn't believe her. She must've known because she sighed. "It'll get better", she whispered and my eyes turned cold. "Better? It'll never get better. He hates me and he won't let me see my own child, Allison! How the hell will it get better!? How the fuck will everything work itself out because from where i'm standing it won't!?", I snarled.

She opened and closed her mouth a few times before just closing it and remaining silent. I was taking my frustration and hatred out on her for no reason. That I knew, but I was just so angry. When I calmed down I turned my head to apologize when I froze. Standing less that 10 feet away from us was someone with a bright yellow hoodie and an assault rifle in their hands. I couldn't tell if they were male or female because the hoodie was baggy and they had the hood up shadowing most of their face.

"Allison on 3 we're going to get up as fast as we can and run. Don't question me on this. Just do it. I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you and I want you to know that I love you, Allistar", I mumbled keeping my eyes on the figure. The gun was still on safety but I could quickly be off and in use at any moment of we don't move. She looked at me solemnly and gave a stiff nod. "3", I whispered and we went into action. We got up and took off running for our lives. I could hear fast approaching footsteps behind us and chanced a glance back.

I saw our pursuer take the gun off safety and aim. I'm not really sure who he was aiming for but this was not good. I couldn't let Allison die nor did I want to. I have a baby on the way and I didn't want them growing up without me being a part of their life. "Run faster Allison!", I screamed. Then there was a click, boom, and a scream.