7: Mama's Baby, Daddy's Maybe?

«Hey, people! So this chapter another character well 2 will be brought into the mix. Well here's chapter 7. I hope you enjoy this & don't forget to vote/comment! Like usual, this is unedited but I will make sure that it makes sense, as much as possible, from here on out. Bye!✌»
_______

Chris Argent

I was sitting on my bed with my back up against the headboard grading papers. For college kids, some of my students really need to learn how to form a complete sentence. "Babe?" "Bedroom, hon", I responded shaking my head at the paper I had just read. I wrote a quick 'D-' before picking up the next paper on he stack. "It still amazes me how sexy you make a pair of glasses look." I looked up at my husband with a brow raised.

He shrugged, "What's this group like?", he asked walking over to the bed and sitting down by my feet. "Peter, what do you want?", I asked still reading the paper in my hand. "Well", he drawled. "Well?", I asked flipping the page. He sighed, "I ran into an old friend at the grocery store", he said. "Peter, I know there's more to it so stop stalling", I responded.

He sighed, "I invited them over for dinner tonight. So what do you want tonight, babe?", he said and changed the topic. "Why do I get the feeling that there's more to it, sweetheart?", I asked. He smiled before standing up and stretching his arms over his head. "Dinner will be done by 8, so I expect you to be at the table by then Chris", he said and rushed out of our room. He's hiding something. I pushed it to the back of my mind though and continued grading papers. When

I finished it was a little after 7 so I put everything away in my satchel before going downstairs. I followed the scent of herbs and spices to the kitchen where my husband was chopping up onions and peppers. He seemed to be in his own world because he hadn't noticed me until I wrapped my arms around his waist. He jumped hands stuttering as he cut a bell pepper before he regained his composure. He cleared his throat. "I could've cut myself", he muttered sliding the pepper aside with his knife before dicing up 2 tomatoes.

I hummed going into the refrigerator getting a bottle of water before closing it and leaning against the island watching him. "You looked like you were in deep thought", I commented opening and taking a sip of my water. He hummed, "I was", he responded before dumping the contents of the chopping board into a skillet and added a tablespoon of olive oil. I figured that he didn't want to talk about it so I left him be. "You know that you can talk to me, right?", I asked standing up straight. I saw a corner of his mouth turn upwards.

"I know, Chris. I just have a lot on my mind right now but I promise to tell you after I sort out everything in my head", he responded. I nodded, "Do you need help with anything?", I offered but he shook his head. "I've got the food. You go set the table for 5 though", he responded. My brows furrowed, "I thought you said that you invited your old friend over?", I asked. He tensed, "I did, but they're bringing someone with them", he responded, voice sounding a little strained. "Ok then", I mumbled going in the cabinet and taking down 5 plates and cups. I sat them on the counter while I grabbed everyone some silverware then took everything took the dining room and set the table.

I was about to go back in the kitchen when I heard the front door open before it slammed closed. "Allison?", I called stepping into view of the front door. She groaned, "Yes, daddy?", she responded after kicking off her shoes. "What's wrong, pumpkin?", I asked noticing my daughter clearly being upset. I saw a tear fall her eyes before she looked up at me teary eyed. "He cheated on me, daddy", she whimpered before running and latching onto me.

I felt conflicted hugging her back. I didn't know whether to comfort her or go kick Scott's ass for hurting my daughter. "Shh, Alli. It's ok, sweetie. He's an idiot for hurting you and he's not worth your tears", I whispered to her while gently rocking us. "Chris? Alli?", Peter called from the kitchen. "By the door", I called back while comforting our daughter. A moment later he appeared wiping his hands on a cuptowel.