Chapter seventy-four

*Liv's dad is played by Eric Bana; but I imagine him with blue eyes. If you don't like him or pictured him different that's cool with me. Vote?

***

It took me a second to turn around, my father's angered stare slightly frightened me as he was stomping to us being only a few feet away.

"Don't even try on pulling shit." Zayn murmured to my ear, I glare at him quickly and he cowered away. I would have found it funny at how scared and guilty he looks if we weren't in this situation.

I turn my head straight forward again, "Dad I..." I didn't know what to say.

What can I even say to make this a little better? Nothing.

No word would make it alright. I hate what Zayn did to me with this. Why didn't he tell me earlier so I would be prepared?

I had offered Zayn once we saw my father on the news that I could speak to him and try to explain it but he didn't want to and now I see why that wouldn't have worked.

My mouth parts and closes a few times, I wasn't in the right condition to talk let alone convince him. As I was engrossed in my mind something unexpected happened that took Zayn by surprise.

That wouldn't be the only surprise that night.

It all happened so fast.

The second my father is in front of us, his hand laid flat on my stomach and jolted me harshly out of Zayn's grasp. Then he swung his right fist and socked Zayn on his jaw so hard, with a hook, that I could hear the cracking noise, the impact made him lose his balance as he went flying backwards with a loud thud on the floor.

Eyes widen as I gasped but couldn't move. If Zayn wouldn't have forced me in this meet up, I might have felt sorry but right now I sort of find it hilarious, though my facial expression remains grim.

Karma got back to him rather quickly.

Zayn hissed but other than that seemed fine while he sits up and rubs his jaw looking at me with a warning glance. He doesn't want a fight only for me to do what he said.

My dad's tense shoulders, and rapid breathing had yet to calm. He's towering before us.

His appearance is different, not only that his poise seemed more cautious and he looked tired.

He has a beard now, his wavy brown hair was in unruly locks like mine was mostly of the time when it was unkept. I had inherited my hair from him as many other traits. He advanced forward to slam on him again with his foot now but I step in front of him.

Dad looks down at me, I flinch knowing well enough he will yell at me.

"Get here, we're leaving!!!" he shouted, his crystal eyes were slightly bulging as he adjusted his jaw and clenched it tightly. He took my hand forcefully but I stay put. He growled, I gulped.

"I-I can't." I stutter, shaking so badly with trepidation. I managed to release his steely hold.

He's my father I shouldn't be scared. I wasn't. But I still knew that he was hurt and angry at what he saw. He's ruthless right now.

"I'm going to pretend that I didn't saw you a minute ago, Livy, until we leave. Move!" he snapped. I have never seen him like this.

"No. I want to stay." I forced myself to say the words, my bottom lip quivered, my throat hurting like I had drank acid.

"What?" he uttered, looking taken aback, scowling at me.

"I won't leave him. He's not like you think he is."