Chapter forty-eight

I tried to find anything positive when it came to think about what happened yesterday and how that I'm done with it instead of sulking and crying for him. Like, right now where I'm reading in the nursery room, learning new stuff or how I can stop worrying of trying to read anything Zayn does or says from now on. I've come to terms that Zayn will probably always be this devious mind player that I won't ever get to decode. He's not worthy of my tears when he's not caring about how I feel, yesterday was it for me to finally accept that.

My sleep went good despite everything, all the mental exhaustion has gotten to me. Alice came to sleepover in my room saying she needed some space from Liam but that it wasn't anything too serious. It was good for me too, we spoke until we slept. I told her everything I felt, why I left and why I came back, she has that sort of personality that makes you trust her and as long as I'll have her everything will be a bit better.
She said she was so worried for me and told me how she got into a fight with Amanda, I didn't believe her right away but she told me how everything went while we laughed through the story.

That Amanda and Liam were somehow together at a part of their life was certainly some news for me. As for talking about Zayn I wasn't in the mood and she only let me get it out of my chest but didn't remind me of him unless I asked for her opinion.

Daylight is streaming in from the window displaying that the weather was nice as I'm flipping through the pages. I keep reading about some diseases taking notes, how most of them start inside the human body virus like, then spread all over the body, I've always been interested on learning about the human anatomy and how the immune system weakens and which the causes were there to lead to horrendous illness. If I'll ever get to live my normal life again, one can hope, I would like to study medicine. It's the things that I've been through that helped me find out what I'd like to do for the rest of my life as my dream job, and that is helping people by saving their lives or make a sickness more bearable.

A knock on the door stopped me from writing, I click the pen and put it on the table turning to see Alice's head poke through the door.

"I've found a scrabble board." she excitedly told me wiggling her fine-looking eyebrows gleefully."And I'm bored."

"I'm coming." I smile before putting the books at its place. Then I follow her.

We head to the living room where all of them were there, sitting casually on the couches watching TV, football obviously.

Their obnoxious noises fade slowly when Alice and I sit down the carpeted floor on the side of the table and begin to play scrabble. I won't look at them not having forgotten about Zayn's demand to them to make me fear them, so I keep my gaze casts to the scrabble board.

"Can you bring us some snacks and beers?" Louis asked. I look up to see him directly gaze at me. Casting a look around there were a lot of empty beers, opened and scarfed down snacks already and it was barely afternoon. I nod quickly doing as I was told. The gang were decent enough not to shout at me for being stupid when I escaped or even hurt me in any way.

When I'm back I hear Alice chastise Louis for treating me like a maid, he shrugged apologetic looking at Zayn's way, implying it's his order. Of course it is. At least he's not flaunting around with Amanda again..Anyway, it won't bother me anymore or I'll pretend it won't.

I saunter my way through the living room, mastering to hold all the things on my hands the beverages ice cold on my hands. As I put them in front of each of them I don't gaze at them, but can't help but notice that Zayn's sketching something yet is hiding it, I blink when I see that I'm lingering in front of him so I hurriedly put the snacks in the middle of the table and sit back next to Alice.