Chapter six

He fell onto me lifeless while I tried to understand what happened and why he just did that.

We both fell on our knees.

"Zayn." I whisper bewildered.

After he doesn't say anything and I feel the blood on my hands from his back while I tried to hold him up I sat down. I turned him around, Harry helping me so his head was on my lap. I could feel the blood drench my skinny jeans and I shiver at the feel. He was losing blood very quickly. I wonder how deep the bullet is in.

"We need to bring him upstairs, bambi." he lowly said and then he hoists him up walking upstairs while I was shaking, my hands drenched in blood, silent tears left my eyes that were caused from the panic and fear I felt. Mostly because of Zayn.

There were so many questions in my head right now but I pushed them aside taking the first aid and following Harry.

"I have to go back downstairs so no one will come here again." he explained once I got there too. "Can you fix this?" I saw how he was nervous, breathing unsteadily.

"He's unconscious and lost blood.I-I don't think I can.." I drifted off.

He had laid Zayn on his stomach over the old couch in the office, his shirt was dripping blood.

"You have to try. He saved your life." he lingered waiting for my answer.

"Before you leave bring me some towels and warm water." I say quietly. He nodded and quickly went to bring me them.

With my shaking body I near Zayn slowly and push his shirt up then cut it all together, while stopping the bleeding with my fingers. I took quick breaths to distract myself that he could die any minute, or that I could faint from the blood on me. It's not that I haven't seen blood it's because this was seriously nerve wrecking and if he dies it will be my fault.
Harry was right, hadn't Zayn turned me around then I would be the one who would be shot and judging by the wound he has under his ribs it would be aimed towards my heart.

His muscles contracted with his deep breaths, his body has blood everywhere. His shoulders broad and defined as well were moving up and down by his slow breaths, I knew that he was having trouble to breath especially while being unconscious. He felt warm under my fingertips but soon has started to feel cold now from the lost amount of blood. I push my digits further feeling his flesh and try to hold it there finally stopping some of the bleeding. He was bleeding this much because the bullet was indeed deep.

"Here." Harry handed me the towels with the warm water then he left.

I had prepared the stuffs I needed before touching his wound and started with taking the tweezers while trying to pull the bullet out, stirring the tweezers around his flesh to find the little bullet but the cut was just too deep and there was so much blood while I was shaking and sweating.

"Get a grip Olivia." I scold myself. I push my hair away from my forehead with the clean side of my hand to get the sweat away, and clear my thoughts but I still am very nervous.

I am trying to save a gang member who spends most of his time threatening and scaring me.

As I was mentally over thinking all of this I took a deep breath and finally found the bullet, trying to pull it out without making farther damage, it slips from the tweezers but I am quick to take another pair and get it. He would kill me if he knew how smashed his scar will be but atleast I succeed on saving his life. Then I took a towel soaked it up with the water to push it on the cut, cleaning it with gentle dabs, while stiching it with the other.

He stirred when I started to clean his cut, disinfecting it, quickly putting a bandage on. Incoherent mumblings left his lips, it seemed that he had high temperature, the side of his face pressed to the old couch drizzling with perspiration. With another towel I wiped his sweat drenched forhead. Even in this state he looked good, when I pushed some of his soft and thick hair away from his face he coughed and then his eyes fluttered open.

"Where am I?" he barely asked, his voice hoarse. His eyes fighting to close but he tried to look at his wound and me.

"In the office. Don't you remember? That you got shot?" I said softly while I was wipping my hands on a towel. He groaned trying to move, I quickly pushed him down by his shoulders. "You have to rest." I demand, trying to avoid his stare. His limp hand touched mine but I quickly retrieved it.

He fell in and out of conscious.

"You look pretty while crying." he whispered, his eyes now open flickering all over my face. Frowning deeply, I wanted to ask him why he saved me but his eyes closed again.

He groaned from time to time, his breathing heavy as I did my best to look after him.

Liam and a blond guy come inside the office and hoist Zayn up.

"What medication should we give him?" Liam asked scowling at me. He looked distressed and maybe a little afraid for Zayn or I was just imagining it.

I couldn't concentrate on Liam's words, my eyes solely watching the blond guy carrying Zayn downstairs until he disappeared.

"Uhm..some painkillers and some light pills for his temperature so they won't mess up and make him sick." I quietly said once I got a grip.

My clothes were having some blood stains when I look down at them to avoid the glaring expression coming from him.

He hands me a pen and a piece of papper so I can write the names of the pills he could get even without a doctors description, though I bet he would make him give them either way.

"Okay, I have to bring you home." he explained and snatched the little piece of letter out of my grasp.

"No, I can go alone." I reply, all I want to do is sleep and rest. This day has been far too long and I am still shocked from the events that took place. He rolled his eyes, grabbing my forearm, quickly dragging me along until we're outside.

"You'll get attacked if you go alone." he grumbled, then he guided me to a black car. I stumble to the backseat.

+

He pulled up to my apartment in close to no time. I couldn't be more grateful than right now. The ride was so awkward and I admit I felt a little scared.

"Uh, thank you. Don't forget to clean his cut and change his bandages." I told him, he nods, waiting for me to go as he stares impatiently straight forward.

I quickly open the car door and went up the stairs that lead to the main door of the apartments here, when a thought twirled in my head...

How did he know where I live?

When I turned around Liam was no where in sight. Shaking my head at that, I was exhausted but also thankful that tomorrow was Saturday, so I get inside quickly, flicking the light on the hall on, slip out of my shoes.

Skirting to my room just on my left after skipping the living room, I decided to take a long shower. Stripping off my clothes, washing myself for twenty minutes while I tried to ignore the weird encounters I always have with him, and his dangerous life style. Ever wince he's here there's always something happening. I could only hope nothing too bad happens next, if I see him again.

Wearing my pajamas I quickly flopped down my bed, tucking myself in in the safe comfines of heavenly soft bed.

His eyes kept lurking its way to my thoughts, despite my fear of what he does for a living, I hoped he was fine...