Chapter sixty-seven

Song for the chapter: Rihanna - Diamonds

***

Minutes passed, the music was louder now, and I was relieved that no one was approaching, that was most likely not real and my mind was only reflecting my frightened thoughts...

I almost jumped out of my skin when I felt two arms wrap around me. I froze in place.

I wasn't wrong then.

The small contact had caused goose bumps to form on my skin, and I tried to brush away the strange feeling. He pulled me closer to him but not in a greedy or vulgar way. I got the same warm feeling shooting through me as I did with...

Have I gone insane?

"Olivia?" A husky voice asked, sounding pleadingly. My eyes bulge and I jumped up again when I heard the velvet voice, that belonged to the man behind me.

No. I'm only imagining it.

I stay frozen, the stranger's head dipped and nestled to my neck, he's only inhaling me and I distinct that faint familiar cologne and odd forest smell, cigarettes too.

He pulls away then, I'm turned gently towards him by my arms, my joints shaking and I close my eyes quickly, waiting in anticipation.

"Didn't I promise you something?" he mumbled, his forehead rested on mine. Shaky, scattered breaths leave my lips as I force myself to not cry because I'm losing it. "Baby open your eyes please."

I couldn't believe my ears, my eyes stay close.

It's not possible...It's not his voice I hear.

If I open them and he's not there then I will need to be sent to an asylum.

"Liv, it's me." he husked with various emotions leaking through the voice, slightly concerned for my mental state it seems."Will you open your eyes for me?" Goose bumps literally rose on my arms when I heard the familiar voice.

Who is this guy?

"I-I can't-t." my voice quivered. He stood still once I spoke, taking sufficient breaths like he was having trouble to inhale, I felt tempted to watch him because his behavior was odd.

"You don't know what it means to me to hear your voice again." he spoke more to himself, content and melancholy, his hands cautiously rest on my waist, my heart instantly skipped a beat from this.

My eyes shot open to be met with gentle and slightly glazed hazel eyes that I longed to see, that angel alike sculpted face, his onyx hair was styled up and slicked back to perfection, his beard had grown back, relieved expression on his face, his eyebrows quirked in an endearing way waiting for my reaction.

I was completely still before him, my eyes wide, just staring at him in bewilderment. I had myself convinced that this very man was dead. I almost couldn't tell it was him. But when I looked into his eyes, I knew it was him. There was only one man that had eyes like that.

My lips tremble as I gasped.

"Zayn..." I whisper with wide eyes. My mouth went completely dry, my knees buckling, he tried to catch me but I refuse with my hands up in protest and shake my head, then straighten up again. I really did feel like I was moments from fainting right then and there but I stubbornly grasp any strength in me because this was worth it.

I needed to pull myself together before he could touch me.

He respects my will, bottom lip protruding slightly, my eyes soften and I relax staring at him like he's one of the world's wonders. It felt like it anyway.