Chapter fourteen

Somehow I had mastered to fall asleep, and I know I'm in here for another night because day light had peeked through a little hole in the grey brick.

Now that light is extinguished as well when night has fallen dark and heavy around me again, leaving me hopeless and restless. I'm proud that I'm being strong right now even if it's not in my hands that I have this phobia. It feels like an agony when it's only a day I spent here, I had tried to find a light or anything earlier but to no avail because there was nothing. The only thing that brought me peace was to know the outlines of things and that nothing creepy was here.

+

  By the time it's the next day I'm already crying since it seems that I will be stuck here for another night.

  Just as I begin to shout again, someone opens the door and my voice gets caught in my throat. I can't believe I'm going to get away from here. Relief overcomes me like a blissful serenity.

I topple to someone's feet and immediately crawl away but when I see a familiar blond peering at me with blue eyes, I stand up and jolt forward to hug him.

He as I thought he would be was surprised but I don't let him go and he doesn't push me away either. I'm a sobbing mess while he probably thinks I've gone mad but I need comfort and he was the one who opened that damned door.

"Niall." his hateful menacing voice said in a rough way. I jump up but still bury my head at Niall's chest muffling my pathetic sobs. He smells of flower soap and cologne.

"I'm not doing anything." he quickly replies. He is right because I am am the one who's clinging to him while he is stiff and is even trying to pull away now.

  After a while I let him go and collapse to the floor, curling to a ball, weeping to myself. I must say that I feel so different as if I'm not myself and I can tell by my unsteady heartbeat that I'm at the brick from panicking.

  When I squint my eyes trying to adjust daylight, I see Zayn, Niall and Louis that are eyeing me as if I'm some sort of fragile animal that is scared, weak and hurt. I wait for anything but they keep staring at me which gets on my nerves. Only when I start wheezing and my eyes scrunch close from the sudden pain that shot on my chest, Zayn tries to walk to me. His face is grim, looking very uncomfortable but as well concerned or maybe I'm just too exhausted to know what is happening around me. It hurts to only look at him let alone interact with him.

  When Zayn nears me I let a high pitched scream out, the sound makes all of them twist their face, and my throat ache in pain. He stays still, not making an attempt to get to me even if his body language tells me that he wants to touch me.

"Can you blame her mate?" Louis somberly remarks which gets Zayn angrier. "I'll bring her upstairs." he lowly says, hoists me up and I let him carry me, putting my hands around his neck, swiftly averting my gaze on the carpeted floor after I accidentally made eye-contact with Zayn, who's face was not in a scowl or bored, he simply looked confused and believe it or not a bit sad...

+

  I've been left alone in the guest room to rest and it did me well because I slept the whole afternoon and then showered, wearing my pj's even if it's still day.

Someone knocks on the door but I don't want anyone here.

"It's me Louis. I'm bringing food." Louis loudly exclaimed before he opens the door, holding a tray with food on it.

  With quick steps he hands me it then sits beside me on the bed, he's wearing some black skinnies, a white wide tank top, hair in a messy fringe. He is the more bearable one of them and I see why Zayn let's him take care of me when he knows that I will throw a fit if he would have come here.