Get the frog and the car keys

After the party, Olivia began to unpack her things. She herd a knock on the door. She then walked across the room, and opened it. Adam was holding a piece of paper.

"Hi Olivia. We got the paper work we needed. Please sign this." He pointed to the bottom of the page. Beside a dotted line said "Child's signature". Olivia grabbed a pen and signed it. She added hearts and swirls to her name to make it official.

"Thanks Olivia. Now I'm your new guardian." He smiled, and walked away. Olivia shut the door.

"I love my life."

-----------

The next day was the first day of school for her. She put on some blue flats and skinny jeans with a white blouse. She used an old shopping bag for her backpack. She knew she would buy a new one for tomorrow. Olivia walked to the bus stop after hugging Adam, Dawn, and Dakota good bye. When she arrived to her new school, she was over whelmed. Her old school in Canada was a small, warm school. No one was ever picked one, and you could be yourself.

Here, at her new school, she saw 16 year olds smoking, people with the largest ear piercings, and had a guy walk up to her, handed her a pill, and said "Here, this is cool, just try it." Someone pointed at her bag and shouted "Are you homeless?" followed with a chorus of laughter.

"This is going to be tough." She thought to herself.

----------

Through out school, people made cruel remarks, and insulted her taste in clothing. It was humiliating. When she arrived to the bus stop, she began to run. Tears steamed from her eyes. When she opened the door, Adam was in squat position, waiting for a hug. Olivia ran past him, ran up the stairs, leaped onto her bed, stuffed he face in a pillow, and began to sob. Adam ran into her room, and looked at the picture.

"Shhh. Shhh. It's okey." Adam sat on the side of the bed, and began to stroke her hair. Olivia sat up.

"Oh Adam. Everyone at that school hates me. One dude tried to give me drugs, and another said I was homeless!" She then told him everything els that happened.

"I'm so sorry, Olivia." Adam hugged her, while she sobbed into his shoulder. Adam picked her up, and brought her into the living room. She was still crying as he set her down on the couch.

"Olivia," He lifted up her chin. "Have you ever herd of having alter egos?"

Olivia whipped a tear. "Yes." Her chin quivered.

"I have an idea. Why not have different egos at school? You could be a sweet heart," pointing to her perfect blouse and blue flats."and you can be a rebel." He pointed to his outfit.

"Like the people at skate board parks?" She stopped crying, but her face was still red.

"Yes." He replied. "People will be able to warm up to you easier."

"Being a rebel IS one of my egos, along with sweet. But my foster mother wouldn't let me dress like one. I wanted to save up for a skate board, and learn how to ride one. I would hang out with people who understand me, who also liked Minecraft." She looked down. Nobody at her school liked Minecraft but her. The only thing she didn't like about.

"Dawn!" Adam turned away, and shouted to Dawn.

"What?" She shouted back.

"We're taking Olivia shopping. Get the frog and the car keys."

Adam turned back to Olivia. She then gave him a hug.