23|| I Need You Now

Start from the beginning

"Seems like a nice bloke, hey, personal advice. Don't let this place get to you, don't stoop down to anyone's level in here." Andy spoke, handing the photo back. "I've been here for almost a year, best tip is to just keep to yourself until you get out, anyone starts on you, defend yourself because if you don't, they'll consider you weak, making you an easy target."

"Thanks, man. Appreciate it." Sauli smiles. "When do you get out?"

"Two months."

"I'm only here for two months, when you get out, hit me up, we can get to know each other better."

"Sounds good. I will be sure to. Don't be late to dinner, don't want to miss out on some decent meals." Andy laughs as he leaves, disappearing down the hall.

Sauli lays back in his bed, the bed that felt like rocks, stabbing him in his back. He closed his eyes, seeing Adam's smiling face and it made him worry, worry about Adam doing something while he's in here.

****
"Adam! Dinners here!" Tommy called out from downstairs, Adam heard the footsteps come closer but he didn't move from where he lay on the bed.

"I'm not hungry." Adam spoke as Tommy stood at the doorway.

"Come on, man." Tommy groaned, sitting on Adam's bed. "You got to eat."

"I don't want to." Adam sighed, sitting up.

"Adam, please just eat something."

"God, you sound like Sauli." Adam smiles weakly, giving into Tommy and taking some fries from the bag.

"How'd it go, with Sauli?" Tommy asks, crossing his legs over, eating some fries.

"It was alright, he made me promise I don't do anything stupid."

"Did you say 'i promise?' or did you change the subject?" Adam thought and realised he never said he'd promise, only that he will be strong for him... "Taking that silence as a no." Tommy sighs.

"I don't need to promise about anything, I won't do that shit again, I'll probably just get drunk but I won't relapse..." Adam sighed, knowing his words were nothing but a lie.

"That's why I'm here." Tommy smiles.

"I don't need a babysitter, TJ. I just need to be alone."

"No one wants to be alone."

"I do." Adam says, raising his voice. They were cut off by a knocking at the front door.

"I'll get it." Tommy says, walking off. Adam leant back to his position on the bed, his appetite left ages ago.

He saw Tommy walk in with Neil. Why did he even care? He never cared before about what Adam done, so why does he care now?

"Tommy, you mind if we speak in private?" Neil asks.

"Sure. I'll just be downstairs of you need anything." Tommy smiles. Neil shuts the bedroom door, taking a big deep breath.

"Why are you here, Neil?" Adam snaps, swinging his legs off the bed. Finishing his last bit of burbon.

"I see you're drinking again." Neil sighs.

"What's it to you? You don't give a shit, never have."

"You're my big brother, Adam. Of course I give a shit."

"You never once stood up for me towards Dad! You were on their side, Neil!" Adam yelled. "I'm going to ask again, why the fuck are you here?"

"You need to open your eyes about Sauli." Neil spoke, Adam frowned.

"The fuck does that mean?"

"God, you're so blind in love, Adam! Can't you see!? He proposed to you, he is in prison because of you, don't you ever question why he done it All? Why he's still with you?" Neil snaps, Adam stands to his feet. "He is using you, Adam."

"like hell he is! Don't you dare come into my home and tell me this bullshit!"

"You're getting famous, Adam. The way you two fight, you'd expect him or you to leave but there's something suspicious about why he's still with you and God knows it ain't because he loves you!"

"You think he's using me? For what!?"

"Your money, you idiot. He nearly fucking killed Michael! You don't think that the next time you two get into a heated argument, he won't lash out?"

"Sauli will never hurt me and he didn't nearly 'kill' Michael, simply a broken nose!" Adam shouts.

Neil laughs. "God, you're so blinded by his words, aren't you? That man is so full of anger and I'm pretty sure he won't hit a drywall in your next argument."

"Get out!" Adam snaps. "Get the fuck out of my house and never step foot in here again."

"Dad was right, Adam. You are pathetic!"

Adam grabs Neil by the throat, holding him against the wall. "Don't you dare mention anything about Dad!" Neil pushes Adam away.

"Maybe I was wrong." He sighs, opening the bedroom door. "Maybe you'll be the one to avoid the drywall." Adam slams the bedroom door shut as Neil leaves.

He stood in the middle of the room, breathing deeply. Sauli would never hurt him right? He'll never hurt Sauli.... Right?