40: Explanation

"Where are you going?" My Mother asks me as I head down the stairs after changing my clothes. I'm wearing a 

"I'll just be heading to the park. I'll be home before 7, I promise," I say, while raising pillows to find my phone in the couch. Once I found it, I waved goodbye to my Mom before heading out of my house.

I felt nervous, to be honest. I mean, who could not be when they're gonna meet with they're enemy? Or ex-best friend? Or frenemie? Ugh.

When I arrived at the park, the wind blew my hair so I held it with my hands. But I think the word 'held' can't explain the tight grip I have on my hair.

You can do this, Abigail. Confront her. Don't fight her. I thought, breathing fast. Don't fight her. Don't fight her. Don't fight her. Don't fight her.

"Abigail?"

I froze. And when I mean froze I mean literally. It seemed like I was glued to the floor or something. My heart beat went erratic as I turned around and saw her there. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and her face looked like sge came from crying...well, of course she just came from crying! I just heard her in the phone awhile ago.

She came to me and the what she dod next surprised me.

She hugged me.

I just stood there as she sobbed while hugging me tight. My arms were spread out, unsure if I should return her hug or not. I just sigh and put my arms around her. And that makes her cry stronger.

After a few seconds of hugging, she let me go and looked at the ground. Her hair was covering her face so she tucked it behind her ear. She was now hiccuping and I couldn't deny the fact that I felt really, really sorry for her.

She finally looked up at me and I almost gasped. She was such a big mess! Like literally. Like she has been crying for months now. She even had eyebags. What happened to her?

"I-I'm..." she started. She looked back at her slippers and I saw a tear escape her eye, slowly sliding against her cheek. She wiped it away and looked up again. "I-I'm....s-sorry,"

My eyes widened as I stepped back. I felt like I was hit so hard that I couldn't take it anymore. Just hearing her say that made me....surprised.

"C-can y-you r-repeat what y-you j-just said?" I stuttered, breathing slowly. I can't believe this. I can't believe this. I can't believe this. I cannot believe this.

I looked back at her and she was staring at me, her lips formed into a thin line. I was gonma expect her to say, "Just kidding! I still hate you, you bitch! Boyfriend stealer AND wannabe!" and then we would be having a cat fight right here in the middle of the park. But what happened next came as the opposite..

"I'm s-sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so really, really, super duper, sorry! I j-just got jealous of you and L-Lance that's w-why I hated you. And w-what even hurt t-the most is w-when he started b-being s-sweet to you. And then I-I just remember us like that b-before. I-I'm so sorry, Abigail. I'm really, really s-sorry," she explained, starting to sob again. I looked around to see if one of our friends is there because this is just a huge prank. But when I spot no one, I immediately gulp. Is this true? Is this really happening? Kesha Olsen, apologizing to me?

I brought my hand behind my back and pinched there. Oww! I closed my eyes and opened them, still seeing Kesha sobbing in front of me. So, this really isn't also a dream? Oh my God.

I look at Abigail and hug her. I hug her and also start to cry. We were now both crying there like we were completely crazy. Or like we were both raped. Wait, what?

"I-I'm sorry t-too, Kesha. I-I'm sorry that I said harsh words to you and also wanted to make y-you j-jealous of me and Lance. The one in McDonalds? The one where our fight started? Lance wanted to talk to me that time because he saw your reaction when him and Patricia shared fries.

Also, he broke up with y-you because his p-parents didn't like you because before yours and his parents are enemies anf they also used t-to be t-troublemakers. Only they pranked at each other not at other people. And Lance's parents also arranged a girl for him already named Michelle Watson who is a fashion model and is his girlfriend right now. But seriously K-Kesha, believe me when I say this.."

Kesha's eyes widen at what I say next.

"Lance Cross still loves you,"