11: Jealousy

After the incident with Cassie, we decided we would have our lunch on the benches. It's actually better because you can feel the winds blowing through your skin. The thing I hate about is the flies that would go to your food.

"I can't believe you did that to Cassie, Abigail. We are soooo proud of you!" Patricia exclaimed. She pulled me in for a hug, causing me to almost drop my spoon.

"Woah, slow down. Thanks anyways. She's just so getting in my nerves," I said, chuckling.

After the hug, I started finishing the last pieces of my meal and then stood up. "So guys. What was it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked them.

Kesha raised her one eyebrow skeptically. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"You know, the text that you sent me. The 'Meet us in the canteen ASAP' thingy," I explained, sitting back to my seat.

Kesha exchanged looks with the others and that left me curious.

"Guys, spit it out," I ordered, glaring at them.

"Okay, chill Abigail!" Lance exclaimed, ruffling my hair slightly. I giggled.

After he ruffled my hair, I heard someone clear their throat. I looked around and noticed that it was...

Josh.

"Are you okay, Josh?" Arianne asked him, worry plastered on her face.

"Yeah. Never better," he replied, avoiding eye contact. He looked at everyone except me and Lance.

What's his problem?

Was he jealous??

What are you saying, Abigail? How could he be jealous? I thought.

I looked down to the ground and bit my lip. Why was I feeling this way? It's not like I like him anyway...

"Hey Abigail! Earth to Abigail!" Patricia's voice snaps me out of my train of thoughts. I blink my eyes rapidly.

"H-Huh?" I asked confusedly. I looked at everyone and they were all looking at me. Except for Josh....

"We were talking about why I texted you," Kesha said, smirking slightly at my reaction.

"Oh. Continue, please," I said, looking up and trying to be interested in the subject.

"Okay. So we decided that we will have another prank for you. But after what happened with Cassie, no more pranks for three days!" Kesha announced. We l clapped. I felt grateful. At least we won't prank for three days. That's enough for miss Principal, right?

We all stopped clapping and then I smiled at each one of them.

"Guys, you are the bestsest friends ever. I never had friends like you guys. My friends back in my old school are really fun to hang out with but with you guys, I can't help but smile everyday. Thanks, guys. You're the best," I explained, getting teary-eyed. Same with the others.

"Awww, that's so sweet," Lance said, pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back, smiling.

I saw Josh looking away. He looked sad and angry.

I immediately pulled away from Lance, tucking a stary strand of hair in the back of my ear. Hays.

"So, let's go?" Keith said. I forgot that he was even here. Haha.

We all nodded and started walking away from where I ate. The others were talking about why cars have to be expensive. Another topic was about brands of sunglasses, but I was silent with my thoughts.

I kept on thinking about Josh. Why did he clear his throat when Lance ruffled my hair? Why did he look away when me and Lance hugged?

Is he...JEALOUS?