45: Confessions

"I like you,"

I stared at him, my eyes big as saucers. I was frozen on the spot. My heart beat quickened making me think I was gonna die of heart attack right there.

And..did he say he...liked me?

"W-What?" I asked dumbfoundedly. He looked away, running a hand through his hair frustratedly.

"Arrgh!" he stood up and walked away fast. I instantly stood up and followed him.

"Josh! Josh, wait!" I called, skipping my steps sometimes so that I could catch up with him. He suddenly turned around and kissed me.

lubdub.lubdub.lubdub.lubdub.

OMG! My heart...I am seriously crazy right now!

Crazy for Josh hm.

Ugh! Will you please shut up, conscience? I get that you are oh-so-smart and you know how I truly feel! You don't have to point out the obvious!

Okay. I am really crazy.

He pulled away as I stood there shocked. W-What the hell is happening?

"J-Josh.." I stuttered, crossing my arms over my chest.

He looked at me, eye to eye. I took that opportunity to observe him. I looked at his eyebrows, his dreamy eyes, his lips, his jaw...God, he is gorgeous. Thank God for bringing this Angel here on earth.

I returned my attention back at his lips and my mouth parted. His lips formed into a smirk, making me look away embarassingly.

"Abigail, what I said back there..it was true," I looked back up at him and he was looking at me, his eyebrows knitted. "I really do like you. I don't know why but..I just do.

"I find myself falling for you. I find myself looking for you when you're gone. I find myself saying you're gorgeous. I find myself...attracted to you," he looked down, shaking his head slowly. "But..I know. I know you don't feel the same. I know because you have Lance and you-"

"Wait, hold on. Lance?" I asked disbelievingly. "Lance? Lance is just a friend, Josh. He's nothing more. Sure we kissed but..it was nothing really. He has Kesha," I rubbed my arm nervously.

"He's...he's just..a f-friend?" Now it was Josh's turn to stutter as I giggled at how cute he looks. I find myseld drawn onto him.

"Yeah. He is," I shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. Well of course it wasn't. Lance is nothing more. Sure there was that time I had a crush on him but now, I only see him as a friend.

"Do you..do you like me?" Josh looked up at me, making me stiffen. "Abigail, do you like me?"

My heart beat went erratic. I didn't know why. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. Do I like Josh?

He raised his hand to touch my face. He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, making all the blood rush to my cheeks. God help me. I thought.

"I.." I started, closing my eyes. What should I do? What should I say?

"I like you too, Josh,"