1: I hate being a newbie

***Abigail's POV***

"Oh mom. Why did we have to transfer?" I asked my mother who is looking around nervously as I sit here and complain to her.

"Abigail, can you please just relax? Everything will be fine. I mean, everything happens for a reason," Mom explains.

"Then what was the reason we left our hometown? Because of Dad?" I asked her.

"Abigail, just please don't bring up that topic. It's making me want to burst into tears," she said.

"Oh please, Mom. You're not the only one," I said, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. I really, really wanted to cry right now. I hate my life!

Me and my Mom were sitting inside Mom's van. We were parked outside my new school. My new school looks just... okay. It's big and tall; has red banners all around with the name Ambrose High. I think that's the name of the school.

Obviously.

There were trees around and a little park with benches you could sit on. There were also Ice cream stands and I could see two buses just next the little park.

Will I ever get used to this? I thought. I hate being a newbie.

"Okay dear. Bye! I see some students are heading inside the school already. Make friends. Wuv you," Mom says hurriedly. I kiss her cheek and head out of her van.

As I head inside the school, students look at me weirdly like I was some kind of alien or something.

I rolled my eyes and headed to the secretary's office to get my schedule.

As I arrived there, I knocked three times. "Come in," a voice of a lady said.

I stepped inside and saw a woman with brown, curly hair tied up into a bun. She looked like in her twenty's or something. She looked actually young.

"Hello dear. May I help you?" she asked me. She smiled kindly. I smiled back. "Take a seat," she told me, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk. I sat down and placed my backpack down the floor.

"I'm Abigail Collins. Transferee. I was wondering if I could get my schedule?" I asked the lady.

"Oh! So you are the transferee. I hope you'll end up okay..." she said the last statement silently but I still heard it.

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

"Oh never mind that. So what was your name again, sweetie?" she asked me. I stared at her suspiciously. Why was she acting so weird? I thought.

"Umm...Abigail Collins," I said looking around nervously. The secretary stood up and headed to these piles of drawers. She opened one and took out a brown envelope.

"Here you go, sweetie. Your schedule," the secretary told me as she handed me the envelope.

"Thanks," I said sarcastically. I stood up and as I was about to close the door, I said to the secretary, "oh and my name is not sweetie. It's Abigail," I said, smiling sweetly as I shut the door.