Chapter 25

"Ally, please can you put Camila on the phone?" I pleaded, sighing heavily and running my fingers through my hair.

"She won't talk to you, y/n. What did you do?" Ally asked.

"I don't know what I did! That's the problem, Al. Please get her on the phone. Don't tell her it's me or something." I suggested.

Ally sighed, "Okay. Give me a second." I heard muffled voices and then Camila's voice.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Camila, baby. Please don't hang up. We need to talk!" I said quickly.

"Y/n, I don't want to talk to you." she said coldly.

"What did I do?" I asked, desperately.

"What did you do? Why don't you ask Julie? I know exactly what and who you were doing, y/n. Don't try to play dumb." she scoffed.

"I didn't do anything or anyone! Camila...you have to believe me." I said.

It was quiet for a bit.

"Camila?" I called her name, trying to make sure she was still on the line.

"Hm?" she hummed in response.

"Look, baby. You mean the absolute world to me, okay? I didn't do anything wrong last night except maybe have a few too many drinks." I said.

"I called last night." she said quietly.

"Julie told me. What happened?" I asked.

"She told me that you were busy, but you were alright. I heard a lot of groans and moving." she said.

"Cami, I don't really know what that could've been but I know for a fact I didn't cheat on you last night." I said honestly.

"I believe you." she said finally, after being quiet for a while.

"I'm sorry babe. I'm sorry for leaving like I did. I'm so stupid."

"We're past that, y/n. Just don't do it again." she sighed. "When is your mom's funeral?"

"Later today." I said quietly.

"I'm so sorry I won't be there babe. I shouldn't have left without talking to you first."

"I don't blame you. It's alright, I'll be fine." I said. "Lani's here."

"Oh yeah. Well, call me if you need anything, babe."

"I will. I love you." I said.

"Love you too. Bye."

I know she said we were over last night, but things felt different. I sighed and laid down on the bed when my phone rang again.

"Hello?"  I said, answering it.

"Hey, it's Tara, from the elevator."

"Oh hey! How are you?" I asked.

"Im well and wondering if you wanted to grab coffee." she proposed. I needed to clear my mind and stop thinking so much so I agreed to go.