Chapter 10

I was brushing my teeth as I heard my phone ping. I glanced at it quickly and then looked away before looking back and dropping everything to pick my phone up.

[From: GWMGE]
Good morning, Princess. I hope you slept well. Call me when you wake up and we can set up a time for dinner.
6:36am

[To: GWMGE]
Good morning, love. I did sleep well, thank you. I'm brushing my teeth right now, so I'll call you in a bit.
6:36am

I finished up brushing my teeth and I clicked on Lauren's name, as I searched through my closet for something to wear.

"Hello?" her husky voice filled my ear.

"Did you just wake up or what?" I asked chuckling.

"Yeah, I'm still laying in bed. I didn't think you would be up." she laughed a little.

"Your morning voice is sexy, whereas I sound like a thirteen year old boy going through puberty." I joked.

"You think I sound sexy?" I could tell she was smirking.

"That's all you got from what I just said?" I asked, giggling.

"Hell yeah! Don't hate the player." she replied.

I laughed loudly, "You are such a nerd."

"Whatever! I'm probably the coolest person I know." she said, chuckling.

"That's not saying a lot. You probably don't have any friends, loser." I teased her.

"Ouch, y/n. That's cold. Real cold." she let out a small laugh. "I've had enough of your bullying." she said laughing.

I grabbed shorts and a pink crop top out of my closet, put my phone on speaker phone, and set it down on my bed so I could change.

"I don't bully you!" I said, pretending to be hurt.

"Whatever you better be lucky I like you." she said.

I smiled, "You like me?" I asked childishly.

She laughed, "Ew, no! I asked you out on a date for no reason at all." she teased.

"You think you're funny, but you're not." I said rolling my eyes.

"I am funny! Why are you telling these lies?" she laughed heartily.

"They're not lies. Speaking of this date, when is convenient for you? I'm free all day." I said picking my phone up and taking it off of speaker phone.

I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the house.

"How about we grab some coffee and discuss it then?" she proposed.

"Eager to see me?" I asked with a smirk.

"Always."

"I was just about to grab some coffee at Starbucks. Meet me there in ten?" I asked getting into my car.

"Sure! Let me get dressed and stuff. I may be a few minutes late." she said.

"It's fine. I'll probably start working on this essay Camila is making me write." I said groaning.

She chuckled, "You better start working on it. I might help you out, if you're lucky."

"Let's hope I am, because if not I'm screwed. I'm about to start driving, though. I'll see you in a few." I said.

"Can't wait. Drive safely, y/n." she said before hanging up. I set my phone down and drove off.

A few minutes later I was sitting inside Starbucks waiting for Lauren. I had my laptop out but hadn't typed anything. Camila was making me write a paper about who I am. I think it was a part of her little "finding myself" bullshit.

I put my fingers on the keyboard, but I couldn't think of anything to type. I sighed and laid my head on the table.

"Excuse me, Miss. Is this seat taken?" I heard Lauren ask.

I smiled and lifted my head to look at her, "Yeah, I'm waiting for someone."

"She wouldn't mind if I sat here, would she?"

"I don't think she would." I replied, smiling.

She took a seat and just looked at me.

"What?" I asked, feeling self conscious.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are? Your eyes are sexy as hell." she said, studying my face.

"You're one to talk." I replied, blushing. "But thank you. You aren't too bad yourself." I teased her with a smile.

"Damn." she said giving me an unreadable look. She grinned at me, but didn't say anything else.

"Maybe I can use my beauty and charm to get you to help me with this paper." I joked, making her giggle.

"What do you have to write about?" she asked looking at my blank computer screen.

"Who I am." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Well," she said looking at me with a smile plastered on her face, "you're a beautiful, funny, smart, and all around perfect person. Boom! Your paper is complete. You're welcome." she joked.

"That was awfully sweet, but I don't think that's going to complete my paper." I said blushing. "It's so hard to do this paper because I am so many things. I am every joke I've ever told. I am ever lie I've ever told. I am made of broken promises and tears that have been shed and have yet to be shed. I'm made of scoffs and eye roll and smirks and grins and smiles and just all things human. I'm made of everything I've experienced, everything that's around me. Everything I've experienced is in me, somewhere. That's why I find this paper so hard to write. There's too much to write and it's overwhelming." I said sighing and burying my head in my hands.

Lauren was quiet for a while, "Good god, y/n. If I didn't like you before, I sure as hell do now. I feel like shit for feeling this way about my best friends ex. I'm the worst friend ever." she said sighing.

"Lauren..." I said lifting my head up. She shook her head and stood up.

"I have to go." she walked briskly out of the shop leaving me speechless.

I bit my lip as I watched the door she walked out of intently, "Shit."

My life is in shambles.

------
A/n: my life is always in shambles tbh lmao