Chapter 3

The next morning I woke up happy and it was a feeling that I really wanted to get used to. I quickly got out of bed and ran to my bathroom. I took a shower and then did my hair.

I put it in a bun and put on a nike headband. I grabbed black joggers and a white nike shirt out of my closet, then my Concords. I put them on and looked in the mirror.

I decided that I looked alright and I grabbed the Rolex off of my dresser before grabbing my backpack and making my way downstairs. When I got to the bottom I realized my mom was there and that she was making breakfast.

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused, "Mom?"

She turned around with a smile on her face, "Y/n! You're up! I didn't know what time you'd be up, so I just started cooking." she said with a smile.

"I've gotten up at the same time every morning since my freshman year. You would know that if you were ever here." I said smiling back at her.

Her smile faltered for a second but she quickly recovered, "Well, the food will be done soon and we need to talk."

I nodded and sat at the table. She put my food on a plate a few minutes later and brought it over to me, then sat down.

"Y/n?" she said.

"What?" I said, a bit more harsh than I intended it to be. She flinched but kept talking.

"I'm leaving." she said finally.

"You always do. I didn't expect you to stay." I said quietly, stabbing the food on my plate.

"No. I mean I'm leaving. For good. I'm not coming back." she told me and I put my fork down. I quickly got up from my seat.

"Good." I said before walking out the door and slamming it behind me.

I got in my Lamborghini and sat looking out of the window before starting it. I pulled out the garage and then down the driveway. I drove to the end of the street before pulling over to the side of the road. I punched the steering wheel and cursed.

"I don't fucking need her." I told myself through gritted teeth. I sat staring straight ahead with my hands gripping the steering wheel so tightly, my knuckles were white.

Closing my eyes, I took a few deep breaths before putting my car in drive and driving to school. I got to school early, so I sat in my math class for about half an hour until it started.

The bell had rung and Mr Young was trying to hurry and close the door but was ultimately failing miserably. A tall and tan girl appeared on the other side of the door and started to push the door open. I pulled out my phone and began to videotape it.

The girl and Mr Young were pushing against the door on opposite sides. I sat in the back laughing my ass off.

"Push him on his ass!" I yelled out laughing.

Finally with one big push, she threw the door open and Mr Young fell on his butt. I laughed loudly and doubled over.

"Hoi. Should've just opened the damn door." she said as she walked towards me to the back of the class followed by a brown skin girl with curly black hair. "Hey, are these seats taken?" she asked pointing to the seats on each side of me.

I shook my head, "Nope!" I said. They sat down and propped their feet up as well.

"I pushed him on his ass for you." she whispered to me chuckling. I laughed loudly thinking about him falling.

"That was so priceless! I'm y/n, by the way." I told her.

"I'm Dinah and that's Normani." she said pointing to the other girl.