Chapter 24

I woke up with a terrible headache and a cloudy mind and memory. I wasn't quite sure where I was, but I knew the place seemed familiar and after further inspection, I realized it was Julie's apartment. Sitting up and shielding my eyes from the light shining through the window, I got up and made my way to the bathroom.

I took a look and the mirror and I was horrified. I looked like absolute shit. I sighed loudly and turned the light off, not wanting to see myself again. When I walked out of the bathroom, Julie was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Good morning, y/n. I'm surprised you're up so early, considering how wasted you were last night." she giggled to herself, remembering events from last night. "You're hilarious when you're drunk." she said finally looking up at me.

"Yeah, I always get up early. No matter what. It's a blessing and a curse." I was quiet for a bit. "I hope I wasn't too much trouble last night." I said shyly, looking down at my feet.

"No, not at all. You were the life of the party!" she said smiling sweetly at me. "You're so overconfident when you're drunk it's hilarious, but also quite attractive if I'm being honest. The money you made last night was also a plus to your drunk, overconfident persona." she said. "Speaking of which, I put the money in your bag."

"Money? From what? Did I like strip or something?" I asked, only half joking.

She giggled and shook her head, "No, you won a lot of drinking bets." she answered, now putting the food on plates. She handed me one, "Here. Want something to drink?"

I took the plate, "Thanks. Do you have any orange juice?" I asked, sitting at the table.

She nodded and grabbed the orange juice out of the fridge before handing it to me and then sitting down across from me at the table.

"So, y/n, tell me about yourself. I feel like I may be slightly late in getting to know you and making sure you're not a murderer, but better late than never. Am I right?" she smiled at me and I couldn't help but reciprocate the action.

"I'm Y/n. I'm 20 years old, but I'll be turning 21 in a few months. I'm a senior in high school, yes, I did get held back a few times. I think school is bullshit, if I'm being honest. Um, and I have a girlfriend...who's probably worried sick about me right now."

"She called last night a few times. You were asleep on the couch and I didn't want her to worry, so I answered. I hope you don't mind." she replied timidly.

"I don't mind. I'm actually glad you called her." I swallowed the last bit of food and finished off my orange juice.

"Well, um, I don't know how to say this but, she said...well, she said she doesn't want to see you anymore. She went back home." she said quietly.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Did she say why?" I asked, tears welling in my eyes.

"I wish I could remember but I had a few drinks as well. I just remember talking to her and her saying that she didn't want to see or talk to you anymore. I'm sorry." she said sincerely.

"It's fine. I'll figure something out. Thanks for letting me stay here and for taking me out last night. I really appreciate it." I smiled at her.

"No problem. When you're in Cali just hit me up and we can hang out." she replied.

"Do you want me to help wash the dishes?" I asked, standing up from my seat.

She shook her head and picked up our plates, "I got it."

I smiled appreciatively and grabbed my things off of the couch, "I hate to leave like this but I've got to try to catch Cami before she leave." I said.

"She said her plane was leaving at 5am, it's 8 now. You probably missed her. I wish you luck though. I hope everything works out." she told me as I hurried out the door. What the hell happened last night?

---------
a/n: sorry it's so short and it's been so long. I've been so busy lately omg. Anyways, you should comment and tell me what you think happened and why Camila won't talk to you :)