Chapter 16

I woke up to find my arms wrapped around Camila as she was cuddled into my side. I quickly retracted my arms.

"Are you okay?" she asked, quickly sitting up.

"Uh-Yeah." I stuttered.

She smiled at me when my stomach growled, "Are you hungry?" she asked getting out of the bed.

I nodded.

"Okay, let me get ready and I'll get you some food. You don't have to eat this hospital trash." she said smiling. She brushed her teeth and her hair, then left the room.

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily.

"Are you alright?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

My eye shot open, "Kalani?"

She smiled at me, "Wow. I haven't seen you in a long time." she said with a small laugh. She walked towards me and sat on the bed next to me.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked choking on my words.

"Y/n. You were one of my best friends before all that stuff happened, and I still consider you one. I'm not just going to not come to see if you're okay." she said quietly, looking at the wall.

"Lani..." I couldn't find anything to say to her. She grabbed my hand gently and my heart started racing. I pulled my hand back quickly. "What the hell are you doing?" I blurted out.

"I'm sorry. I just...I missed you. I care about you and I was worried about you." she whispered fiddling with her fingers. A tear fell down her face and I sighed before grabbing her hand. She looked at me and she gave me a small smile.

"Funny how you care about me now." I mumbled but she heard me.

"Y/n, I made a mistake and, unfortunately, I hurt you and myself." she said softly.

"How the hell did you hurt yourself?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Can I be honest?" she asked quietly.

"Please." I said motioning for her to go on.

"I'm m still in love with you and being without you is hell." she said honestly.

My eyes widened, "No. Don't say that." I said covering my ears childishly.

She chuckled and removed my hands from my ears, making sure to be careful with my cast, "You told me to be honest."

"Not if you were going to say that!" I said, getting flustered.

"You're so cute when you're flustered." she said smiling at me.

"Shut up." I said quietly. She put her hands up in the air defensively. My head was spinning and I felt sick to my stomach.

I had three great girls who wanted to be with me and I was so confused. I felt something for all of them and that's what was most confusing. "My head hurts." I said to Lani.

She moved my head so it was sitting in her lap and she stroked my hair, "Maybe you should got some more rest." she cooed as she played with my hair. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

Kalani started humming, which turned into her softly singing. She used to sing to me all the time. I loved her voice and the Hawaiian songs she would sing.

She began to sing one of my favorites Pua Hone.

"O 'oe ka wahine a ke aloha
I laila i ka uluwehi
ku'u pua hone i ka la'i

Hone 'ana i kehau o Makiki
'O wau kou aloha i ka noe kuahiwi

He u'i no 'oe i ke kula
I wili 'ia me ka 'ie'ie o Leilono

Ha'ina mai ana ka puana
Ku'u pua hone i ka la'i
he nani maoli no"

My eyelids were heavy and I was close to falling asleep, "Will you sing it in English too, like you used to?" I asked yawning. She smiled at me and nodded before starting the song over again in English.

"You are the woman that I love
There in the lush verdure is
my honey flower in the calm

Kissed by the dew of Makiki
I am your love in the mountain mist

You are a beauty on the plains
Entwined with the sacred 'ie'ie vine of Leilono

This ends my story
For my honey flower in the calm,
a true beauty, indeed"

After she finished, I finally let myself doze off to sleep.

I woke up a few hours later at about noon. Camila was sitting next to me and she smiled at me when she realized I was awake.

"The doctor came and told us that you could leave when you wanted to. We need to go sign some papers and stuff though. Oh and your friend, Kalani, said she'd come back to your house later to stay with you." she informed me and I nodded.

"Wait what? Kalani's staying with me?" I asked confused. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Are you alright?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah." I said apprehensively.

"Kalani's more than a friend, isn't she?" she asked with a sad smile.

"No! Well, she was. So, yeah. I mean, well not really, but yeah. She-um-we. Fuck. I don't know, Camila. This is so confusing." I buried my head in my hands and took deep breaths, trying to regain my composure.

She giggled softly, "It's okay, y/n. You'll figure it out." she said confidently. "Do you want to talk about the Kalani situation, at least?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was interrupted by the door opening.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Lauren asked looking at me. I nodded and smiled.

"I'm fine, Lo." I reassured her. After making sure I was okay, she turned her attention to Camila.

"Why didn't you tell me she got hurt?" she asked angrily. "I can't believe you would keep this from me. I also can't believe I ever considered you my best friend." she spat angrily.

Camila rose out of her seat, "What?! I have been nothing but good to you!" She yelled back. Lauren joined in the yelling and I couldn't understand anything they were saying and they were giving me a headache.

"Shut up!" I yelled but they couldn't hear me. I looked around for something to get their attention with. My gaze landed on a glass of water. I picked it up and threw it on the bickering girks, making them immediately stop talking.

"What the hell?" they both screeched.

I smiled at them, "Oops. My hand slipped."

------
A/n: This is lowkey a love square but it won't be for long. I'll update again soon (probably sooner if I feel inspired by your comments *wink wink*) What do you think is up with you and Kalani though?