Chapter 9

Within ten minutes of the detention, Mr Young fell asleep so we decided to leave.

"Hey, you want to go get some food or something?" Dinah asked as we stood in the parking lot.

I shrugged, "I don't have my car though."

"How did you get to school?" Normani asked.

"Ms Cabello brought me." I said like it was no big deal.

"Y/n and Cabello sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" They sang in unison making me roll my eyes. I looked at the ground and bit my lip.

"Can we just go?" I asked quietly. Dinah studied me for a bit before getting in her car.

"Get in, hoi. I'm hungry." she said honking. We both hurriedly got in the car and drove to a pizza place down the street. We took a seat and looked at the menus at the table.

"Hey guys! My name is Lauren and I'll be taking care of you today. What would you like to drink?" a familiar husky voice asked. I looked up to see Lauren, Camila's friend looking at her notepad.

"Oh hey, Lauren." I said kindly.

"Y/n! Nice to see you again." she said smiling genuinely at me, her green eyes twinkling.

"Likewise. This is Normani and Dinah. This is Lauren." I said introducing everyone.

They exchanged pleasantries and we told her what we wanted to drink.

"I'll be right back with your drinks." she winked at me before she left.

"Oh girl. I think she tryna hit." Dinah said teasingly. "She's cute as hell and I'd jump on that if I was into girls like that." she wiggles her eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes, but stayed quiet.

"Damn, did you already hit that? How do you know each other?" Dinah asked, picking up on my silence. I shook my head quickly.

"She's a friend's friend." I said furrowing my eyebrows at how that sounded.

"So, speaking of friends," Normanj started giving Dinah a look, "What's up with you and Ms Cabello?" She asked.

My eyes widened and I gulped, "Well, Camila and I-"

Dinah cut me off, her eyebrows raising, "Camila? Y'all are on a first name basis?" she asked with a grin on her face.

"As I was saying, Camila and I are acquaintances." I said.

"Bullshit. Something is going on or went on between you two. Spill the tea." Dinah said.

I sighed, "Y'all are my best friends so I trust you. You can't tell anyone this, okay?" They nodded. "Camila and I were together for a short time. We met and hit it off before school even started. We recently broke up though." I told them. I looked up to find Lauren standing at the table. She dropped off our drinks and took our pizza order. We decided to share a large pepperoni pizza.

"So, did you guys, you know?" Normani asked smirking.

"No, but if we did I wouldn't tell you. " I said smiling a little, thinking about all the times we came close. "It doesn't matter though. She's my teacher and there's nothing more to it than that." I lied.

"Really?" Lauren asked from behind me. I turned around and nodded.

"Then, it wouldn't be wrong for me to ask for your number, would it?" she asked nervously. "I enjoyed talking to you at Camz house that one night." she added shifting on her feet.

I smiled at her, "It wouldn't be wrong. Do you have your phone with you?" She nodded and handed it to me. I put my number in and saved my name with a heart next to it. I gave it back to her and she put it back in her pocket.

"Make sure to save me in your phone as "Girl with killer green eyes"," she said winking, then smiling confidently at me.

"Eh, they're mediocre at best." I teased, smiling at her.

She chuckled a little, "Whatever! I'll text you later. Enjoy your meal." she told us before leaving.

"She's definitely trying to hit." Dinah smirked at me. I threw a napkin at her.

"Shut up!" I said loudly, my cheeks turning red.

A few minutes later, we were done and I paid for everything. Dinah dropped me off at home and I just went upstairs to my room and laid on my bed. My eyes were closing and I was close to falling asleep when I heard my phone ping. I picked it up and looked at the screen.

[From: Unknown Number]
The heart behind your name is a cute touch.
6:08pm

[To: Unknown Number]
I'm guessing this is the girl with mediocre green eyes, and I thought the heart was pretty cute too (though, I'm cuter)
6:08pm

[From: Girl With Mediocre Green Eyes]
Please tell me you didn't really save my name as that.
6:10pm

[To: GWMGE]
........Pft! of course not!
6:11pm

[From: GWMGE]
It's abbreviated now, isn't it?
6:11pm

[To: GWMGE]
....Maybe.
6:12pm

[From:GWMGE]
You're so predictable it's cute.
6:14pm

[To: GWMGE]
Or you're just a stalker and you're behind me looking at my phone screen.
6:17pm

[From: GWMGE]
*laughs nervously* whaaaaaat? of course not!
6:17pm

[To: GWMGE]
You're such a nerd. It's cute.
6:17pm

[From: GWMGE]
Since I'm so cute, you should go on a date with me.
6:45pm

[To: GWMGE]
Seriously?
6:45pm

[From: GWMGE]
If you're going to say okay, then yes and if not, then no, I'm only kidding.
7:03pm

[To:GWMGE]
I'd love to go on a date with you.
7:05pm

[From: GWMGE]
Maybe we can grab dinner tomorrow?
7:05pm

[To:GWMGE]
Sounds good. I'm tired as hell though. I'll talk to you tomorrow, Lo.
7:25pm

[From: GWMGE]
I'll talk to you tomorrow, beautiful. Sleep well.
7:25pm