Chapter 18

I laughed loudly as I stood up, trying to put my bra on properly, "Calm down, D. She was giving me a massage." I paused to think. "Wait, how do you know Kalani?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"We're cousins." they both said at the same time.

"How do you know Dinah?" Kalani asked me.

"She's one of my best friends. We both still go to WaterCrest High." I said and Kalani nodded. (A/n: I have no idea what the hell a WaterCrest High is lmao)

"Nah, but really, is it safe to open my eyes?" Dinah asked, cautiously.

I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Her eyes are closed. She can't see you nod, loser." Kalani said laughing.

"Shut up!" I said laughing with her. "Yes, Dinah, it's safe." I said, shooting Kalani a look. She made a funny face at me and I laughed. I really missed her and her constant insults.

"Yall are so annoying." Dinah said, removing her hands from her eyes.

"I should've know y'all were related. From the constant insults to your tendencies to assault me, y'all are basically the same person." I said with a smile.

"I do not insult or assault you, annoying!" Dinah yelled, pretending to be offended.

"Me either, asshole!" Kalani said.

I smiled at them and raised my eyebrows, "Sure you don't."

Dinah came in and we all sat on the couch. I laid down and put my head in Kalani's lap and my feet on Dinah.

"Dinah, did I ever thank you for saving me?" I asked, after thinking for a while.

"I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to thank me again if you did." she joked. "I'm just kidding. You don't have to thank me, y/n." she said seriously.

"No, I do. Thank you for saving me, Di. You're the reason I'm alive and I'll never be able to repay you for that." I said seriously. "You're one of the best friends I could ever ask for and I'm so thankful to have met you."

She smiled at me, "Don't worry about it, y/n. You would've done the same thing for me." She patted my leg gently.

"Bitch, don't be too sure!" I teased, making us all laugh. "I'm kidding. I'd save you in a heartbeat."

"Enough of all this sappy shit. I'm so over it." Kalani said. Dinah and I rolled our eyes. "Keep playing, and watch them get stuck." Kalani said glaring at us.

Dinah got up, "Whatever, Lani. I just came to check on you." Dinah said smiling at me. "Try not get on her nerves too much." she said to Kalani.

Kalani smirked, "No promises."

"If she gives you any trouble, call me and I'll give that ass a poly beatdown." she punched her hand and winked at me. "Peace homies!" she called over her shoulder as she walked out the house, closing the door behind her.

I smiled as I watched the door for a few seconds, "She has such a heart of gold." I say to no one in particular.

"You're telling me. That girl has the biggest heart I've ever seen." Kalani chuckled lightly and stroked my hair. We were quiet for a while. "So, how's life been? Catch me up." she said and I sat up.

"You wanna do it like old times?" I asked with a smirk.

She grinned, "Hell yeah!" I quickly got up to get everything set up.

A few minutes later, we were sitting on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn between us and two sprites.

"Brings back memories, doesn't it?" I asked, smiling and leaning back against the couch.