Chapter 11

Finally, when I finished my paper and coffee, I collected my things and left the coffee shop. I got a few stares, but I didn't really mind. I wasn't at all concerned about any of them.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Lauren.

[To: GWMGE]
Lauren, are you okay? Can we talk about this?
7:05am

I was fairly concerned about her, and I needed to know she was okay. I wasn't sure where to find her since I hadn't really know her for that long. So I figured, my best bet was to call and text her.

I called her and it went straight to voicemail. Figuring her phone was dead, I decided to send her a text.

[To: GWMGE]
Lauren, I'm worried about you. Please, at least, just let me know you're okay.
7:07am

I hit send and then drove home. When I got home, I sat on the couch watching tv, anxiously waiting for Lauren to give me some indication that she was okay. Every little vibration or sound that came from my phone had me on edge.

Before I knew it, it was about 4 am and I hadn't slept one bit. Lauren still hadn't said anything and I figured it was time to do something, though I didn't know what I could do. The only thing I really knew about her was her name and that she was Camila's friend. Using what I knew, I figured the most efficient way of reaching Lauren, would be through Camila.

I went back and forth about contacting Camila for several minutes, before deciding that I needed to swallow my pride and look out for Lauren. I looked for Camila's contact which was now just a "C".

[To:C]
Hey, have you heard from Lauren? She left me at Starbucks at like 7 and i haven't heard from her since. I'm kind of worried.
4:05am

I got a text back less than a minute later.

[From: C]
She's with me.
4:05am

I sighed of relief and decided that I could finally get some rest, knowing that Lauren was okay. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep in a matter of seconds.

I was awoken by the sound of my phone ringing. I grabbed my phone off the table and opened my eyes to look at who was calling.

It was Lauren at 4:36am. I sighed before answering the call and closing my eyes again, "Hello?"

"Go on a date with me." she said confidently.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I talked to Camila and she told me to follow my heart. So here I am. Go on a date with me, please?"she asked again, her voice full of certainty.

"Lauren, it's almost 5am." i said sighing.

"Just say you'll go and I'll leave you alone." she said chuckling.

"Fine. I'll go." I said with a small laugh. "Happy?"

"Very happy. I'll pick you up today at 7pm. Bring a swimsuit." she said happily. "Now get some sleep, beautiful." she added before hanging up.

After that call I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up, staring at the ceiling with a goofy grin plastered on my face. I couldn't stop thinking about Lauren. Her bright green eyes, husky voice....just everything about her is amazing, especially her personality. I laid on the couch daydreaming for about an hour before I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up at noon, feeling like absolute shit. I felt completely drained and my body ached from sleeping on the couch. I rolled off the couch, and stretched a bit before going to my room. I took a shower and brushed my teeth and hair, then picked out some basketball shorts and a shirt with the sleeves cut off. I put on a sports bra and then my clothes before slipping on my Nike slides, and grabbing my backpack, then walking out of the house.

It was a beautiful day outside, so I decided to take a walk to the basketball court. Normally being out in the fresh air with nature and shit helped me feel better. I used to do it all the time the morning after I had a few too many drinks, and I'd instantly feel better.

A few minutes of me walking had passed, when the ringing of my phone interrupted the serene silence around me.

"Hello?" I answered it.

"Hey, it's me. Lauren." she said cheerily.

"Hey, Lo. What's up?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Nothing much. I was just up and I was thinking about you, so I decided to give you a call." she admitted.

"You're so sweet, Lauren. I can't wait for our date tonight." I said with a smile on my face.

"Me either. Anyways, I have to go. I just wanted to hear your voice." she said making me blush.

"Alright, Lo. See you later." I hung up with a smile stuck on my face.

Speaking of our date, I didn't have a swimsuit or the perfect outfit to sweep her off her feet. Shit! I only have 6 hours! I quickly turned around and ran home. Quickly hopping in my car I drove to the nearest mall and frantically bought anything I thought was cute. I spent about three hours at the mall and I stopped to get some food, so I only had about two hours left before the date. I took all the stuff I bought, home and laid it out on my bed.

In the end, I decided to go with a simple pair of jean shorts and just wear my bikini top. I got in the shower and then brushed my teeth again. Letting my hair do it's own thing, I put on my outfit and then sprayed some perfume on. I heard the doorbell ring and my eyes widened. I didn't expect her to be here yet. I ran downstairs and threw the door open.

"Hey Lau-Camila?" I asked, caught off guard by her standing in front of me.

"Y/n, you can't go out with Lauren. I'm still in love with you." she confessed.

"Looks like I'm late to the party." Lauren said from behind Camila.

I stood at the door wide-eyed and frozen in place. My mind was racing and I started to hyperventilate.

"Shit! Y/n, are you okay?" They asked at the same time.

"I got this!" they said again in unison.

"You don't know what she needs! I'm the best thing for her!" They were still yelling in unison. I saw their mouths moving but I could her anything else they were saying. I felt my knees buckle and I hit the floor hard, and then everything went black.

-----
a/n: sorry for any typos. I had no idea that I was going to do this, my fingers just typed it lol. Anyways, I hope you liked it and also, if you want to, you should check out my new story called "Misunderstanding" , it's a Norminah fic.

As always, feedback is greatly encouraged and welcomed.