Chapter 17

Camila and Lauren had finally calmed down and were sitting down in chairs next to my bed.

"I was serious when I said I didn't want to come between you guys." I said.

"But you just don't know what it's like." Lauren said with a sigh.

"Actually I do. I was in this same situation, like, just two years ago." I admitted. I looked at Camila, "With Kalani, actually. I had two best friends. Kalani and the other's name was Tami. Tami and I both liked Kalani, but since I didn't know Tami liked Kalani, I asked her out and we dated for a while. Something small happened and Lani and I broke up, so then Tami admitted she liked Lani and they went on a few dates. I felt betrayed that Tami would go out with Kalani, when she knew I still had feelings for her and vice versa. So, I cut both of them off and things got really ugly." I admitted, looking at my hands.

"What happened?" Camila asked.

"Kalani moved away and apparently, Tami felt horrible for having feelings for someone I was in love with, and she was really hard on herself for everything. I guess one day everything just became too much to bare." I said quietly, tears welling in my eyes. "She ended her life. And the day after they found her, her parents called me and told me she left a letter for me." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. "It was all my fault." I said, finally letting go and sobbing. "She told me that it wasn't, but I knew it was. I know it was my fault, and if I wasn't such a fuck up, she would still be here. She'd be in college majoring in art and she'd be perusing her dreams but I just had to go and mess everything up. I should've been there for her." my body shook as I sobbed, making my word slightly incoherent.

Camila and Lauren both wrapped their arms around me and embraced me.

"Y/n, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't have known that was going to happen." Camila cooed softly.

"Camila's right. Y/n, you can't keep beating yourself up about this." Lauren said.

After that, they were quiet and they just hugged me in silence, letting me cry. Finally, my sobbing stopped.

"Thank you." I told them both. "I probably look a mess right now." I said with a small laugh.

Camila smiled at me, "You look fine. If you ever want to talk about how you're feeling, I'm here. About anything. You can't keep holding all this in." she said wiping my tears.

"I'm here too. And don't worry about Camila and I, we're like sisters and I'll love her no mater what." Lauren said smiling at Camila.

"Same. I'm sorry, Lauren. For everything." Camila said smiling back at Lauren.

"I'm sorry too. I was such a bitch to you." Lauren replied with a small laugh.

I smiled at the interaction and stayed quiet as they talked and laughed. Finally, when things calmed down, we packed up our stuff and signed some papers before leaving.

"You sure you'll be okay by yourself?" Lauren asked as she walked me to my front door. I opened the door and stepped inside.

"I'm sure. And-um, Kalani said she's coming over. I won't be alone." I said looking at my feet.

"Oh." she said quietly. "Well, I should probably go. I'll text you later." she said with a small smile, before walking back to her car. I watched her walk back to her car and drive off before I closed the door.

I hobbled to my couch and laid down since I was still extremely sore and tired from the wreck. I looked at my phone to see it was only 8am. I sighed and closed my eyes.

I didn't realize I had fallen asleep until I heard the sound of my door opening. I quickly rolled off the couch silently, as my heart began to race. This is it. I'm going to be kidnapped or murdered. I sighed before looking again at the door.