Chapter 15

Beep. Beep Beep. Beep.

The constant beeping of the machines surrounding me were calming in a weird way. My eyelids were still heavy and though I had been awake for a while, I couldn't open them. So I laid there and counted the beeps. I heard low whispering in the room.

A few minutes later, I was finally able to open my eyes. I blinked a few times until everything came into focus. Looking around the room I saw Camila, Dinah, and Normani talking quietly. They looked drained and I felt bad for being the reason they looked so sad and tired.

"Hey guys." I croaked out quietly, suddenly becoming aware of the dryness of my throat. They looked towards me and rushed to get up.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Camila asked sweetly.

"Thirsty." I husked with a smile. Normani quickly got me some water and brought it to me. I tried to reach up and grab it with my left hand, but I couldn't move my arm. I couldn't even feel my arm.

"Oh my god! I'm paralyzed! This is it. I'm dying." I rasped starting to cry. The girls tried to hide their laughter but failed miserably.

"Girl, shut up. You aren't paralyzed." Dinah said laughing. "Over dramatic ass."

"You fractured your arm so they did something and then put it in a cast." Normani said laughing. I reached up with my left hand and grabbed the glass of water. I drank all of the water and handed the glass back.

"I would make a joke about you being thirsty but I don't think now is the right time." Normani said with a small laugh.

I smiled at her, "Probably not. Anyways, what time is it?" I asked as Dinah yawned.

Camila checked her watch, "Six in the morning." she said yawning too.

"Have you guys been to sleep yet?" I asked, concerned for them. They all shook their head no. "Go to sleep! Don't worry about me. I'm fine." I gave them a reassuring smile. Dinah and Normani looked at me hesitantly before grabbing their stuff and kissing me on the cheek.

"We'll be back soon, okay?" Dinah said as she walked towards the door with Normani in tow. "You better not die. I almost died saving your life." she joking scolded. I nodded, laughing, and then they left.

"Are you leaving, too?" I asked Camila, and she shook her head smiling.

"I'm staying." she said pulling up a chair towards me.

"You don't have to." I said looking away from her. She gently grabbed my good hand and I looked towards her as she played with my fingers. "What are you doing?"

"Holding your hand." she answered nonchalantly. I didn't know what to say so I just let her. We sat in a comfortable silence as she held my hand, gently playing with my fingers. "Y/n," she started and I looked at her. She was looking intently at my hand.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"I meant it when I said I was in love with you and it really hurts me when you're angry at me." she admitted. "But it's okay, because I know I hurt you more. I'm so sorry, y/n." she said with tears cascading down her face. "I th-" her voice broke as she cried harder. "I thought I had lost you and that's what I've been afraid of this whole time. I said I couldn't put myself through that, but I realized that I'd rather spend every moment I can with you while you're healthy than none at all. Some things are inevitable, like death, and we just have to make the most of the time we're given. I want to spend my time with you. I spent all this time trying to convince myself that I didn't love you and we'd be better off apart, but goddammit, I can't deny it any more. I'm helplessly and desperately in love with you and I want to be with you." she said still looking at my hand.

I was quiet for a while and a tear slipped down my face. I turned my face and wiped it with my shoulder. "Camila, I-I'm sorry for yelling at you and hurting your feelings. They were heat of the moment things." I said softly.

"You don't have to apologize. I deserved it." she said shrugging.

"Yeah, you kind of did." I admitted laughing. She chuckled and finally looked up to meet my gaze.

"God, I love you." She said after studying me for a while.

"Camila. Please don't." I said closing my eyes and gently freeing my hand from hers.

"Sorry. I overstepped my boundaries." she said in a professional tone. She folded her hands and put them in her lap before yawning again. "I'm going to get some sleep." she moved the chair back and curled up into a ball so she'd fit in the chair.

She looked uncomfortable. I sighed, "Camila, you can sleep in the bed with me if you want."

"I'm fine." she replied.

"Get your ass up and get in this bed." I said chuckling. She smiled and climbed into the bed next to me. It was a tight fit, but after turning on our sides, we fit back to back.

"Goodnight, Camila. Get some rest, please." I pleaded and I felt her nod.

"Goodnight. I will." she said and then everything was quiet except the sounds of the machines beeping.

"I love you." I mumbled quietly. She didn't reply so I thought she was asleep, which is what I was hoping for. I closed my eyes ready to go to sleep again.

"I love you too." she whispered.

----------
a/n: Again, I was inspired by your comments to write more! You guys are hilarious omg. I couldn't sleep so I wrote this. Anyways, have a wonderful day!! Love ya!