Chapter 1 - Babysitting

I almost fell asleep in maths. Maths, the one subject That makes no sense and seems to drag on and on. It's 5th period, and there's 35 minutes left until maths finishes. I've only been in this room for 25 minutes, I've been making excuses in my mind on why I have to leave, anyway 43 sums later there was a knock on the door, and the receptionist handed me a note. It was from my mum's friend 'Hope your free tonight me and Rob are going out and Kylie needs a baby sitter, Calum's going out though, hope your free give me call, Claire x' 

I was on the way to her house when I called my mum explaining that I was baby sitting. When I arrived at Claire's house Calum was waiting for me, he greeted me with a hug and said

"My mum left a while ago, she said that she'll be back before 11:00pm and to get Kylie into bed before 10:00pm" 11:00pm, it's 4o'clock now, so I'm going to be here... 

"So your gonna be here 7 hours" Calum said.

"Don't worry though my mum left you out some dvd's, don't let Kylie choose though, unless you like barbies" Kylie is Calum's younger sister, she's 9 and Calum's 17. 

"Well I'm off out! Some of us have girlfriends" he joked as he left.

"Byee" I shouted. Calum smelt so good, okay that sounds weird but whatever he does.  I walked into the living room to find Kylie reading the back of the dvd's, I walked in and Kylie too greeted me with a hug. Then brought me over to the dvd's and asked which one I wanted to watch, I lied and said I had seen them all, and told her to choose. She picked up avatar and said,

"This one!" She was about to put the dvd into the DVD player when I said

"Wait shall we do something before the film because it will finish at 7ish and you can stay up until 10ish" 

"Oh yeah! Shall we go on the trampoline?"

"Yeah sure"

     Unknowingly, Kylie and I had spent 4hours on the trampoline doing flips and having jumping competitions. It was 8:03pm when Calum came home, me and Kylie were in the kitchen making orange juice. Calum's eyes were red, as soon as he came into the kitchen he hugged me and cried on my shoulder. I told Kylie to take the orange juice up to her room, normally she would be as annoying as she could so she could stay up, but this time she went to her room right away.

     Me and Calum didn't talk for a few minutes the occasional sniff from Calum was the only sound until he looked up at me and apologised. 

"It's fine Calum." I whispered "what's wrong?" He took my hand and led me to the sofa.

"I went to meet my girlfriend, we were going to meet at the park, but she was 1hour late, and when she arrived she was with another guy" he gulped, and continued, "she had her arm around his waist and he had his hand in her pants, she hates that" he cried more before continuing. "She didn't break up with me, she just said that he was" Calum choked on his words.

"Don't worry it's fine" I assured him.

"We were together for 8 months! I mean I know it's not that long but, I thought we'd be together forever! But now I sound really cheesy, ugh nothing is coming out right" he cried. 

"Don't worry it's fine I know what it's like, but what did you do for the other 3hours?" I questioned.

"I was with Luke, Ashton & Michael" he replied.

"Well, I still have a film to watch." I suggested.

"Sounds good, I'll get popcorn" he said getting up. I put the dvd into the DVD player, when Calum came and sat down next to me he pulled me close and rested his head on my shoulder. The film was almost over and we were both almost asleep when there was a knock on the door. It was Claire, she forgot her keys, according to Calum it wasn't the first time. Claire was a bit drunk, but my mum was waiting for me outside in the car. I went back into the living room to find Calum on my phone. I took it out of his hand, got my bags and hugged Calum, but when I hugged him It wasn't like a normal hug, he pulled me close and kissed my cheek. I blushed a little, and left.

"Bye" he shouted.

     When I sat down in the car my mum and I had a small conversation 'How was your day?' And all that. I unlocked my phone to see that he had put his number into my phone. I went to tap his number to send him a text, but he beat me to it.