Chapter 15

Darkness. It was horrifying. I was sure I was dead. I saw nothing, felt nothing, heard nothing, smelled nothing. I was in this 'nothingness' for what felt like an eternity. I finally felt something. I'm not sure what I felt. It was just like normal feeling. My body was heavy. The bed I was laying on was like quicksand that just wasn't swallowing me. I tried to move, nothing. Then I heard something. It was voices. Anxious voices. They were talking calmly, but you could tell something was worrying the shot out of the owner of that voice. "How did this happen?" A small voice asked. I knew it was a girls, but I didn't know who. She sniffled. Was she crying? "It's all my fault." A deeper voice said from the left side of me. That one sounded very familiar. "It was an accident, Simon. Stop blaming yourself." A third voice said. He had a very posh voice. Wait, Simon. Could it be Miniminter? I doubt it. "What's going to happen to her?" The girl asked again. "She will be alright. She should wake up soon actually. The worst damage was a head trauma. It could cause her to have temporary amnesia, but that's very unlikely." A voice answered her, speaking calmly and confidently. "Oh God." Apparently 'Simon'. sighed beside me. I felt a hand grab my good hand. It felt familiar, like I had held this hand before, sometime recently. I had good senses now and I tried very hard to open my eyes. Finally, I was successful. A bright, white light flooded my vision instantly. I squinted until my eyes got adjusted. I then opened them completely. I heard a few gasps and I looked around the room. I was right. There, right by my left side, was Miniminter and Zerkaa. Two of my favorite YouTubers. There was a girl in the room also. She was short with long blonde hair and big, bright, blue eyes. She had been crying, along with Simon and Josh. "Where am I? And why am I here? And why are you guys in here?" I asked finally. The girl put her hand over her chest and began crying again. "Ex-excuse me." She said as she ran out of the room. "Do you remember these people?" The doctor I presume asked me. "I know that they are some of my favorite YouTubers, but I had no idea who that girl is or why they're here." I looked over at Simon and Josh. They look like they had also been crying. "Y-you don't re-remember?" Josh stuttered out. I shook my head. "Should I?" I asked as a tear slowly crept out of my eye. "What's the last thing you remember?" The doctor asked firmly. "I was at an adoption center. I was eating breakfast and arguing with this girl. Then, Miss Riley told me it was an open day." I said as I sucked up my tears. I didn't cry. "That was the day I adopted her." Josh spoke up. He what? "You what?!" I asked, shocked. Just as I said that, the door flew wide open. I looked over quickly. There stood my brother and the other Sidemen. "Cal?!" I yelled, completely shocked. I hadn't seen him in over three years, or at least I don't think I had. "Mackenzie! Are you okay?" He asked, running towards me with open arms. "Better now." I said as I grinned against his shoulder. I saw a hand being placed on Cal's back. Cal pulled away and looked at the owner of the hand. "She doesn't remember." Simon said very quietly. "What do you mean?" (What Do You Mean?🎶) Cal asked. "The last thing she remembers is the morning of the adoption." Josh said. Cal's face went sad instantly. "It's like she's never met us. She hasn't seen me in three years." Cal said to no one in particular. "Now, her memory will return. If she sees something that reminds her of her past, the money of that thing will most likely come back." The doctor spoke up, causing all heads to turn towards him. "When can she come home?" Simon asked, standing up. "Whenever she's ready." He said, flipping through a few papers on a clipboard. "Well, are you ready then?" Josh asked as he walked over towards my bed. "Wait, I'm living with you guys?" I said. They all nodded. "O-okay. Let me get dressed." I said, pushing the blankets back. "Here. I thought you might like some fresh clothes." Cal said, handing me a bag. "Thanks." I said with a small smile. I sat up slowly. I stood up and took small steps toward the bathroom. I walked in and closed and locked the door behind me. I took off the hospital gown. I looked at myself. I had a few bruises here and there. Small scratches just about everywhere. My whole body was very sore, I just didn't want to show that I was in pain. I looked at my wrists. They were full of scars, but no fresh ones. I shrugged. Guess I hadn't had to since I moved in. I looked in the bag. Inside was a blue and white 'WEEZY' shirt, some underwear, a bra, and a pair of high-wasted white shorts. I got dressed and continued to search the bag. I found a cracked phone, one I assumed was mine. There was some headphones and a pair of sandals. I put on the shoes and walked out of the bathroom. I had the phone in my hand. When I walked out, it was silent. "Is this mine?" I asked, holding up the phone. They nodded. I unlocked the phone and looked through it. "Let's go." Simon said. I locked the phone and put it in my pocket. I followed everyone outside and into a car. It was Cal and I in the front, and Josh and Simon in the back. I was about to plug my headphones up when Cal handed me an AUX cord. I had a weird sense of Deja Vu. Then I remembered. The day I was adopted, this is what happened in the car ride back. I smiled and looked up at Cal. "I remember." I said quietly. "What do you remember?" He asked quickly. "This is what happened on the car ride home when I was adopted by Josh. Same people in the same seats and everything." I said, looking around the car with a big smile. Josh and Simon smiled too. I played some music on the ride home. It was nice, just hanging out with my brother and my favorite YouTubers.