Chapter 4

"No! No! Please don't leave me! Callum! Callum!!!!" I yelled as I saw my parents get back into the car. My brother had tears rolling down his face as well. He didn't say anything, but signed something in ASL (American Sign Language). He held his pinky up and made an 'L' with his index finger and thumb. This means 'I love you'. I pulled with all my strength to free one of my arms, I signed it back. He nodded and continued staring at me as I watched my family leave me. Forever.

     I sat up panting. I can't stop having that nightmare! It's horrible. I don't think I will ever be able to forget that. I look at the time on my phone, 2 AM. I sighed. It's way too early. I decided to go downstairs and get some water. I quietly got out of bed and began to slowly and quietly walk downstairs. I used my phone as a light source so I didn't wake anyone up by turning lights on. I finally reached the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and turned the water on. I barely turned it on so I didn't make much noise. "Mackenzie?" I heard Simon whisper from the door way. I jumped. "Jesus Christ! Don't scare me like that!" I whispered loudly, putting my hand over my chest dramatically. He flipped the kitchen lights on and walked over to a stool. He sat done and looked back up at me. "What are you doing up?" He asked. "Bad dream." I said, sitting on a stool beside him. "What about you?" I asked, looking at him. He looked really tired. "Just got done editing a video. I wanted to get something to snack on." He said, standing up and walking over to the cabinet (I think they call them cupboards, but idk so don't hate me!). He pulled out  a bag of crisps and sat back down. I laughed to myself. "What?" He manages to get out with a mouthful of chips. "That's healthy." I said, pointing at the crisps. He chuckled and shrugged. He obviously didn't care. I chugged the rest of my water and was about to stand up when Simon grabbed my hand. "Stay. Let's talk. Get to know each other a bit more." I nodded and sat all the way down in my seat again. "What do you wanna know?" I asked. "Are you really bipolar?" He asked. I just nodded, I didn't want his pity. I didn't want attention. "What does that mean? Does it mean like you get really mad really easily?" He asked curiously. "Well yes. But sometimes it makes me sort of depressed. These are called 'depressive symptoms'. They can last anywhere from a few days to a few months. It also comes with some mad mood swings, that's where the anger comes in." I said. I didn't like talking about bipolar disorder. I feel like whoever I'm telling would look at me differently. Like I was something that shouldn't even be allowed to exist. I have gotten that look of disapproval too many times to count. "So, how's the depression going?" He asked. Wow. He was really digging deep, wasn't he? I sighed. "Good, I guess. I mean, it's depression. There's not much you can do about it." I said, looking back down at my hands folded in my lap. "Are you depressed right now?" He asked. I looked up at him. I had his full attention. I didn't like it, but at the same time, I loved it. I know this is weird. I hate attention but I didn't mind it being Simon's. "I don't know yet. Today's been a pretty damn good day." I said with a small smile. "You mean yesterday?" He asked smirking. I rolled my eyes. We ended up talking for a little while longer. I eventually got tired again. I walked into my room and sighed. I heard Simon's door shut. I closed my door and fell onto my bed. I didn't realize how tired I was until I fell asleep. That was the best sleep I have had in a long time.

     I woke up in the morning with the sun shining brightly through my window. I squinted at it. I didn't like how bright it was, almost blinding this early. I looked at the time, 9 AM. I sighed. I listened carefully and don't hear any voices, so I assumed everyone was still sleeping. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a 'Weezy' t-shirt Cal had given me yesterday. I walked to the bathroom Simon and I shared. I locked the door when I got in and looked in the mirror. I looked awful, but good at the same time. I looked well-rested and alert, but at the same time my hair was sticking up everywhere and my shirt was shifted awkwardly. I just shrugged it off and jumped in the shower. I took a super quick shower, just in case Simon woke up and needed the bathroom. I got dressed and walked downstairs. I looked at the couch and saw Cal sleeping peacefully. I smiled. I remembered when I was little and would get scared, he would let me sleep with him. I had a deadly fear of storms. The whole concept of storms freaked me out. I walked into the kitchen and began to make pancakes for everyone. I was in the middle of flipping the last pancake when I heard JJ yell from the doorway, "AND SHE COOKS?!?!" I turned towards the door to see JJ and Simon standing there. Simon had a vlogging camera pointed towards me. I smiled and waved. Simon put the camera away as JJ began getting some pancakes. I finished the last pancake and put it on JJ's plate. "Cheers." He mumbled, and continued eating. Simon sat down beside him and made his plate. Shortly after, Cal came in the kitchen. "Good morning!" He yelled, he was vlogging today too. "What's with the vlogging today?" I asked as I sat on a stool beside Simon. "It's a suprise." Simon said in between bites. "Okay, then." I said and began eating. Josh walked in after Cal began eating. "Who the hell cooked? And how is the house still standing?" He asked, looking at the pancakes. I was waiting for him to laugh, but he was serious, so I laughed. "You didn't have to cook!" He said, getting himself a plate of pancakes. "I wanted to. It's the least I could do." I said, looking at my food. "Food!!!" Vik yelled. "Is it really that big of a deal that a meal is cooked?!" I asked, laughing at them. They all nodded, completely serious. This made me laugh even more. "You're happy today." Cal said. "No, you guys are just crazy!" I said, still laughing. "I love you." Cal said, putting his arm around me. I was still laughing. I haven't laughed a lot until yesterday. I could tell that my life was getting better. From now on.

"What are we doing today?" I asked. We were sitting in the living room. "Tobi, Ethan, and Harry are coming around. JJ came earlier, which you know, so we can record some videos. And you're going to be in them! If you want!" Cal said excitedly from the couch beside me. "What are we filming?" I asked. "So you're in?" Vik and Josh asked in unison. I shrugged. "We are filming the guess who challenge for Ethan, a patience test for Tobi and Josh, a quick fire questions for Vik and JJ, a keepy ups challenge for Harry, and a group Q&A for Cal and I." Simon said. I nodded. That sounded like it would take all day. The thing that intrigued me was the keepy ups challenge, I was awesome at football. I just couldn't let the guys know that.

After all the guys came around, we began recording the guess who challenge for Ethan's channel. I had learned a lot about the guys, especially Simon (wink wink, nudge nudge *cough* wank on a swegway *cough*). Then we recorded the patience tests. And can I just say that it was fucking disgusting!! I wasn't even the one doing it! When we filmed the keepy ups challenge, I came second. Simon was first. He beat me by like 2 keepy ups. I was so mad. We just got done recording Cal's Q&A, and now we were filming Simon's. "Mackenzie, would you date any of the Sidemen?" Simon asked, reading from his phone. "NO!" Cal yelled. I heard some "Ooohhs." From the other guys, all of their eyes on me. I shrugged. I really didn't know. I mean, if I did, and it didn't go well, it would make everything awkward. But, if I really liked someone, then I might just go for it. "I didn't hear a no!" JJ yelled, making everyone laugh. "Yes you did!" Cal yelled, looking pissed off. "Fuck off! No one asked you!" Vik yelled. "Okay! Okay! Shut up!" I yelled, making everyone look at me again. "Next question...?" I said looking at Simon's phone. "Okay. But we are talking later!" Vik yelled. "There is nothing to talk about!" I yelled back. He wiggled his eyebrows at me, then looked at Simon, then back at me, still wiggling his eyebrows. He then made a heart with his hands. I shook my head no quickly. He laughed. "Okay guys. That is the end of the Q&A! Be sure to like it if you enjoyed this video. Also everyone's link will be in the description. And I have one more favor to ask you guys, comment down below if you think Mackenzie should make a YouTube channel to record with is. She could record games with us, she is a mad gamer. Anyways, see ya!" Simon yelled doing his famous out to. "Hey! I didn't sign up for that!" I said, standing up. "We signed you up." Cal said, pulling me back down. "Why?" I asked, sitting back down. He shrugged. "I mean you're living in a house of YouTubers. It's kind of the smart thing to do." Tobi said from the other side of me. "Yeah. You're a natural. I bet you didn't even notice it's half past 12." Josh said. I looked at my phone and shrugged. "And you're super funny. And a great gamer. So why not?" Harry said. I felt my cheeks go warm. "Okay, okay. How about we let the people decide?" Simon said picking the camera up from the tripod. "Wanna come help me edit? I could teach you." He said to me. I just slowly stood up an followed him up the stairs. I was a quick learner so I didn't have much trouble keeping up. He taught me a lot of things and finally, the video was done. By now it was half past 3. I was really tired, but I wanted to watch the video. He started the video and I leaned back in my chair. It was about halfway through the video when I accidentally fell asleep.