Chapter 14

It was noon by the time we got to the movie theater. We 'decided' on a scary movie. I say 'decided' because I didn't agree with it, it's what he wanted to watch. "Why do we have to watch this movie?" I whispered as I took a seat beside him in an already dark screening room. "I'm paying, I pick." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and sat back in the seat. I looked around the room. There weren't many people here. It was just us and three other couples and three groups of teenage girls about my age. "I feel out of place here." I said as I leaned towards Simon. "Me too." He said as he put his hand on my bouncing knee. The advertisements before the movie began playing. One of the couples that were sat in front of us were already making out. The other two were getting close to it. "Look." I said as I pointed to the kissing couple a few rows in front of us. "Damn! Can't even wait until the movie starts, eh?" He whispered loudly and raised an eyebrow. I giggled a bit and Simon started eating the popcorn. "Slow down. We want to have some when the movie starts." I said as I grabbed the popcorn bucket and put it in the empty seat beside me. "Now you'll just eat it." He said defensively. "No I won't!" I whisper yelled. "Mmmhhmm." He said as he turned back around in his seat. We were watching the advertisements, already bored. "Popcorn now?" He asked after about 10 minutes. I sighed and gave in, handing him the popcorn. He immediately devoured a handful. "Give me a drink." I said. He paused eating and handed me the Dr. pepper we were sharing. I took a swig and put it in the cup holder in between us. I looked around the room once again. Now, there were two couples making out, and a group of girls with their face buried deep in their phones. "I bet you we are the only ones that are actually going to watch the movie." I said, looking back at Simon. He looked around and nodded in agreement. I heard some eerie music and looked up at the screen. It looks like the movie has begun.

The movie was so scary. Every time there was a jumpscare, I would just end up burying my face in my knees or in Simon's shoulder. He would just laugh at me. We were right about us being the only ones watching the movie. Everyone else either had their phone or their significant other in their faces. Sometimes, when the movie was a bit boring, Simon and I would throw a piece of popcorn at someone. They would usually pause for a minute and look around to see who the culprit was, but Simon and I would just sit there innocently, staring blankly at the screen. I had to admit it was a lot of fun. Now, we were walking in the park, towards a bench. We sat down and faced each other. "How's this date for you?" He asked. I shrugged "Okay, I guess." I said as I looked down and started playing with my fingers. "You're having fun, and you know it." He said cockily. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew he had a smirk. "Okay, okay." I said as I looked up at him. I was right, he had a smirk glued to his face. He hardly ever smiled, just smirked. Good thing I like his smirk. "What do you want to do now?" I added. He bit his lip while thinking. "We could go for a drive." He suggested. I nodded. I guess we're going for a drive then.

That's when it happened. We were happily singing and dancing along to the radio. Photograph by Ed Sheeran, to be exact. The chorus was interrupted by the screeching sound of tires skidding and the heart wrenching noise of metal being ripped and collided together. I felt nothing. My whole body was numb. Then suddenly, it went black. My vision was no longer there. I could still feel everything and hear everything. Then, it stopped. Everything stopped moving, it was silent. I heard a few faint sirens and Simon's voice. "Stay with me. Please. I love you." He was talking quickly. I felt my seatbelt being taken off. I tried to move and talk, but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything but stay limp and listen. The sirens were now deafening. I felt my body being lifted up and onto what I assumed was a stretcher. I was rolled into an ambulance I presume. I heard things happening all around me. People were talking quickly. Intelligently. They were saying things I didn't understand. I didn't focus on that though, I focused on one voice, and one voice only, Simon's. "This is all my fault. Please be okay. Please. I love you." I felt the ambulance jolt to life and a hand grab mine. It felt like Simon's. I put every single thing I had into squeezing that hand. I felt my fingers tingle a little and my hand move slightly. "I knew you'd be okay. You're so strong. I love you." Simon said. I tried so hard to squeeze his hand again, but I couldn't. I then, fell completely unconscious.