52

Remmy opened her eyes.  She wasn't in the library anymore.  The pain had subsided from her body.  She looked over her surroundings and found she was in a living room of sorts.  Her vision was improved, she could see the dust particles in the air and the thread woven together to make the fabric on the chair opposite of her.  She blinked a few times and her vision stayed the same, it didn't take her more than a few seconds to adjust. 

Remmy sat up better, moving slowly.  She could hear her muscles tense, pulling on bone.  She also heard footsteps down the hall.  She could smell someone.

Remmy sat motionless, waiting to adjust to her new senses.  Someone had done something to help her, someone with strong and dark magic.  The thought made her ache for some reason.  She filed that thought away for later, right now she needed to be aware, needed to be able to fight who ever was coming for her.  The footsteps paused just outside the door and she could hear the man's steady heartbeat.

The door opened and he strode in with a leisurely gait.  Remmy couldn't believe her luck as he sat down in the chair she had just studied.

"Initially, I thought about killing you, like I did the others.  However, toying with you like you had with me by the pool sounded like so much more fun.  And why not?  You had beat me in the tournament.  Rubbing your bitch little face in the fact that I still got the title will bring me so much pleasure."

Remmy sat still, not letting her emotions touch her face.  Torture what was going to happen in this room, but it wasn't going to be hers.  She had given Yorick the benefit of doubt about being behind her kidnapping.  She should have known better.  Without anyone to go against him, he could do as he wished, ruling with terror.

"Killing the council had been fun, though I didn't get to do them all first hand.  Kidnapping and killing Anthony, what a satisfying rush that brought.  I'll try not to let you go so soon though."  Yorick smiled at her and chills ran up her spine.  She could smell the pleasure on his body from across the room.  It made her want to hurl right where she sat.

"Let the game begin." 

Yorick had vanished in front of her eyes.  He was using his power against her, tricking her senses into seeing something that was not true.  She could feel his breath on her neck.  She jerked away and made for a swing with her left, catching nothing but air.

She stood, wanting more room to maneuver and walked into open space.  She tried to listen for his heartbeat, or his steps, but he was covering all her senses.  She stood with her eyes closed and tried to feel for him, only to feel a hand smack her butt.  The sound vibrated off of the objects in the room and came back to her, not all of them in the right time.  She kicked out and connected with what felt like and arm.

"That wasn't very nice." She heard in her ear, but felt no breath.  The words sounded hollow and she knew he wasn't really there.  She stood still again and let her arms fall to her side, closing her eyes.  Her skin on her chest began to feel bare.  She looked down to see the front of her shirt had all of the buttons cut away.  None of them had landed on the floor.  Remmy pulled her shirt together trying to cover her skin.

"I see you learn from your mistakes, It's a shame you won't be able to learn from this one." she shouted out to him.

His laugh echoed through the room shrieking at her sensitive ears.  She covered them and forgot her shirt.  A hand grazed her chest.  Before she could react she was hit in the stomach.  She looked down and saw it begin to bruise then grow dark and veined out across her midsection.  Another one of his tricks.

"It's amazing what this power of mine can do."  Remmy spun around the room, trying to focus on the voice to find the man behind it.  Pain ached it's way through her stomach.  It subsided at the core and spread out, like a slow moving ripple in the pond.  "My father taught me about the sense of touch.  How our power can manipulate on the molecular level."  Remmy now felt his arms bear hugging her from behind.  His voice and hot breath in her ear.  "All it takes is a small amount of pain." 

Remmy slammed the back of her skull into his mouth.  She could feel his blood in her hair.  He laughed once more.  "Better let me hit you again or your insides might fall out."

Remmy looked down to her stomach and his words began to make sense.  Her skin was rotting away.  She could smell her skin and fat layers coming in contact with air.  A solid fist made contact with her right kidney.  The pain spread and she had that familiar feeling of ripples on her skin.  A chunk of her flesh hit the floor.  She listened for the sound waves and caught Yorick to her left side.  The pain was much more intense as she moved to strike, using combinations this time to inflict more pain.  Yorick blurred into vision and she kicked him where his lip had split.  The pain pulling at his attention, letting her see him. Yorick fought back as best he could, letting his powers fall by the wayside to focus on defense.

Remmy could feel her back sludge away where she had been hit, soaking her shirt with decay.  The pain was starting to take its toll.  Yorick snuck a punch into the side of her face.  The ripple effect crawled across her skin.  It wouldn't take long before the skin would be too delicate to hold her eye into place.  She could feel it burn already.  Her left eye began to water with pain.  She couldn't give up.  She threw a punch and was blocked by his forearm.  She kicked him in his thigh but it was a weak attempt.  Her injuries were slowing her down and she could feel her muscles in her stomach begin to give.