18

Remmy made her way to Walton's diner. She walked in to find Lilly behind the counter.

"That was pretty cruel what you did to me yesterday."

Lilly had a good enough heart to be embarrassed. She looked down at her feet before looking back up to Remmy.

"I know I'm sorry. Aldric asked about you a few times and I didn't think he was that serious about you. I guess I was wrong."

This made more sense to Remmy. Lilly wasn't the type to betray her, not outright anyway. Lilly might have mentioned her to Aldric and he pried a little for information. Lilly was too naive to know what he was doing until the end.

"When did he ask you to trick me?"

"The other day, I was talking about my classes and how If it weren't for your notes and studying with you after school I would be in bad shape. He asked me if we always went to the same place and I told him I had just started to hang out with you. He asked to make sure I would get you to the Library and then leave shortly after. I really do feel bad about it. You're both my friends and he is a really good guy."

Remmy easily forgave Lilly. Something about the way she acted pulled at Remmy. When the word friend came out of Lilly's mouth describing Remmy, that was all it took.

"Don't worry about it Lilly. It is more on him than it is on you. Where is he and I can straighten this out. I don't want him to be able to use you for information about me."

"He's out training right now."

"Thanks Lill. I'll see you on Monday, and don't worry about this ok?"

Lilly nodded and Remmy left out of the door. She headed down the street to the old brick building she had been to before. They hadn't discussed Remmy training today, but Remmy wanted to see Aldric, and was eager to get started. She walked into the old brick building and snuck quietly down the hall. She peeked around the door and watched as Aldric sat on a far bench taping up his hands. He was already sweaty and his hair had begun to cling to his forehead. He finished taping his hands and pulled his shirt off, wiping his face with it.

Remmy couldn't hold herself any longer. "You know a towel might work better."

Aldric tossed the shirt down on the chair and crossed the room to meet her. His chest glistened and she could see drops rolling down his shoulders out of sight onto his back. He gave her that dorky charming smile of his but caught himself.

"We aren't scheduled to train today."

"I know, but I wanted to get a head start, I heard my teacher likes to be sneaky."

Aldric kept his distance from Remmy and she was having a hard time understanding why. She cracked a joke and flirted with him but hadn't gotten a response. Her face fell and she stood there waiting for him to say something.

"If you really want to train go get changed. There is a locker room down the hall."

Remmy could tell he wasn't in the mood to play, so she nodded and headed to the locker room. It had the same feeling as the rest of the building, old and in disrepair. The showers had aluminum dividers that stood chin high to her. The lockers in the front were still decent, but towards the back a set had fallen over and were bent up.

Remmy set her bag down next to another that seemed out of place. She looked closely at it and realized it must be Aldric's. She quickly got changed into a sports bra and a pair of soffee shorts. She threw on a tank just for good measure and redid her hair. She left her clothes and her bag next to his and headed back to the training room. She could hear the pops and loud thumps from down the hall.

Aldric was hitting the bag hard. The night before never left him and although he enjoyed the sweet taste of her in his mouth, he felt he had gone too far with her. He should have never drank so fast on an empty stomach and had lost control of his emotions. He needed to space himself from her. He didn't want to give her the wrong impression, that he was only after her legs. He also wanted to make sure she knew what she was getting herself into. He wanted to know that she really wanted the bad that would come with good of having a relationship. Mixing allelomorphs was serious and would affect both of their lives.

Aldric liked her and wanted to be with her. He didn't have any family or friends to worry about losing, but she did. He was going to be cautious for her. He wanted to keep space, so they could cool off and he could approach the subject with a level head.

He turned just in time to see her as she walked back into the room. She was wearing black short shorts and and white tank. This was going to be harder than he thought.

"I'm ready. Where do we start?"

Remmy was all business now. She didn't know why Aldric was acting like this but she was going to push the issue as much as she could.

"First we need to tape up your hands to prevent fracturing and it also helps against scrapped knuckles."

Remmy followed Aldric to a row of chairs on the wall where he had just been. She sat down next to his shirt and tape and held her hand out to him face up. She could be all business and still have a little fun too.

Aldric looked Remmy in her eyes and saw what she was doing. This would most certainly be harder than he had thought. Aldric took the tape and began to wrap up her hand. He made sure not to pull too tight and gently held her hand. He tore the tape and started on the second one, all the while feeling Remmy's eyes on him. He stopped taping for a second and rubbed his thumb in the palm of her hand, touching her calluses.

"Those are from work."

uhh I hate that I have to cut these chapters apart because when I wrote them, they are soo seamless. But I will try to put the last paragraph or two at the beginning of the next to help out. and post within days of each other of course!