six

sorry it took me so long to update. this story is written and completed, I just have to update it with editing which was done on paper.

Remmy headed to the library. She still loved the building. It looked like an older human cathedral church from the outside, the kind with stained glass windows and peeked roofs. The architecture was a monument to beauty. Aurora was almost like the library herself, safe, beautiful, and a solid base for Remmy.

Aurora heard the large wooden door close and felt Remmy enter. Aurora never expected her, but Remmy never spent more than two days away without a visit. Remmy was at that limit today and Aurora began to walk to the usual table to check in on her, only to find her already seated and buried into her studies.

"Is everything okay with you? I heard about the incident at the coffee shop."

Remmy gave her a reassuring smile. "Yes mother." Aurora laid a concerning hand on her shoulder. "I am fine. I needed a little rest and taking a day off has brought me back up to par. I never did find out who played that dirty prank on me, or why I felt so different after waking."

"Different how dear?" Aurora's voice was filled with concern, but it was also calming and smooth. The tension eased slightly out of Remmy's shoulders.

"I could look at something and analyze it. I could remember more vividly than when the moment had happened. I could remember details, small details that I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed. Sometimes I can even get a feeling from an object. Like a feeling of history."

Aurora's concern grew inwardly but she kept it hidden. "Have you consulted the gift I bestowed to you?"

"No, but I will later. I actually I um, I'm meeting up with a friend to study with."

Aurora's previous feelings had been placed on the back burner. She smiled at Remmy with pride. In all the years that Aurora had been caring for Remmy, Remmy had never called anyone a friend outside her current work crew.

She knew Remmy had loved Mack, but he was more than a friend to her. Just as she was more than a friend to Remmy. That yes mother comment was meant to be sarcasm, but Aurora heard the love and wanting behind the words. The mention of Remmy's parents or any replacement of them was a very touchy subject. One Aurora knew should be avoided for now.

"Remmy, please let me know if you or your friend require anything."

Remmy smiled caringly at her lithe figure walking away.

A few moments later, Lilly walked up and dropped her books down on the table.

"This place is great. I rarely come to the library. It's so quiet here."

"Well it was quiet before you came in." Remmy said jokingly. "Is there anything in particular you need to work on? Or do you need a touch up on everything?"

Lilly was looking down on her open book and some notes she had taken from class. "Do you mind if I look at your notes from today or maybe even the last week? The mentor in that class is so plain. There is no excitement in his voice and I can't seem to pay attention to write down enough notes."

Remmy chuckled. "I know what you mean. Here's the last couple of days worth of notes. Might I ask how you have survived without notes?"

"Ugh I've been reading the even duller chapters."

"Wow. That's some dedication. You can copy down my notes and we can continue to exchange them every few days. But, you will owe me one."

Lilly giggled. "That's a deal."