24

They walked into the locker room and took separate sides to get changed.  Remmy brought a few workout clothes and a few normal clothes.  It would be easier if she kept some here and she could just take them home as they got dirty.  She got dressed and met Aldric at the door.  They walked hand in hand to the training room.  Aldric had brought a few things out for her to use.  He had a boxing dummy,  a rope hung from one of the rafters, and some tires in the back.  She had stopped a few steps into the room to take in the new equipment.

Aldric pulled on her hand, "C'mon let's go.  We will start with some stretches and then go on to the boxing mitts." 

Remmy could tell he was serious this time.  There would be no games today. 

She followed his lead and fell into a nice routine with him.  He had been on task and only flirted with her a little.  She trusted Aldric to keep control of himself.  When they were halfway through, Aldric took off his shirt and she followed suit.  He gave her a weary eye but she didn't care.  She felt she had trained twice as hard today and it was way too hot.  The sweat was sticky and making the shirt clingy and uncomfortable.  They went back to training but Aldric seemed to keep his distance from her, making her try to climb the rope, and doing laps.

They finished and walked back to the locker room, each taking a corner as before.  Remmy stripped down without a second thought and welcomed the hot water over the face.  She had brought extra soap this time and began to lather her hair.  She was pulled into her own world and began humming to herself.

Remmy usually took long showers so it was no surprise Aldric had finished before her.  He stood in his same spot watching her.  This time taking in the smell of her soap and the sound of her voice.  "You're so beautiful"

"Shhh quiet I'm in the shower."  Remmy began to hum again before laughing.  "Just give me a few minutes and I'll be out."  Aldric stood there and watched her.  He didn't move, couldn't move because if he did he would be on the other side wrapped around her.  It was torture to wait and watch her move around knowing she was naked on the other side.  Knowing she did care for him and that she wanted him more than for just right now.

She grabbed her dirty clothes and walked over to him.  "You ready?" 

"Whenever you are."  Those words had more than one meaning to them than Remmy would ever know.  He grabbed his bag and followed her out.  She took his hand and they walked out of the building.  Remmy looked deep in thought and Aldric didn't interrupt her.  She broke the silence. 

"I will fix this somehow.  Friday is the preliminary and I can get out of it then." 

Aldric smiled at her.  "It is going to be harder than you think.  Not too many people want this, no matter what allelomorph they are. And it will be hard for you not to succeed.  It's in your nature."  He kissed her forehead and they continued to walk.

Remmy saw her mail box not to far away and she let out a little giggle.  Aldric looked at her questioningly.  "Mack said next time we want to make out outside we need to put a sock on the mail box."

They had turned down the drive now and Aldric continued the conversation.  "What if I want more than making out?"  Remmy's heart had skipped a beat and now thundered away like stampeding horses.  She had stopped in her tracks and dropped his hand. 

Aldric turned to her and looked her in her eyes.  "What if I want you to be my girlfriend?" 

Remmy now felt those horses tumble in her chest rolling over and colliding.  The noise was so loud it consumed her ears and she was sure Aldric could hear it.  She took a deep breath to steady herself and let her mind kick back into gear.  She took his hand again and closed the space between them. 

"I would love that, on one stipulation."  Aldric raised his eyebrow and let Remmy continue.  "I don't want you to use your ability against me without my consent, and I will promise the same to you."

"Only if I can seal it with a kiss?" 

Remmy giggled and threw her arms around him.  Aldric broke the moment as soon as he heard her stomach growl. 

"Maybe you should go eat something, you need to keep your strength up."

"Come inside and cook for me then?  I had Mack buy more steak and he always keeps beer in the fridge."

Aldric thought about it for a moment, he didn't want her to feel the effects of the alcohol, and with her body depleted of fluids right now it would be worse.  Before he could make a decision, his stomach growled.  He looked down and then back up to Remmy.

"Guess it's settled then.  Come cook for us and this time you can make yourself a little something too."

Aldric chuckled.  He followed her into the house and he took inventory of the fridge and she sat in the same seat at the peninsula. 

"You sure you don't want anything different?  I can make a meatloaf and asparagus?"

Remmy was too excited to get a good meal again.  She did alright in the kitchen and Mack was hardly home enough to cook.

"Whatever you want to eat."

"The meatloaf would be good for you.  I can put in a few extra eggs for more protein." 

He began pulling ingredients out of the fridge.  This way, he wouldn't have to worry about getting her tipsy.

She watched him from behind pouring ingredients into a bowl and mixing them with his hands.  He set the blob of meat mixture in a pan and smushed the mound down.  She could see the muscles in his back flex as he worked and it was the best view in the house.

Aldric finished prepping the meat loaf and placed it into the oven. 

"Come help me make the asparagus?" 

It took Remmy a minute to be pulled out of her thoughts before she slid off the bar stool and walked around into the kitchen. 

"Snap the ends off like this, and place them on the baking sheet." 

She followed his lead and it didn't take long before the whole bunch was finished. 

"Now coat them in olive oil, make sure every stalk is covered." 

She did like he asked and drizzled the oil over the stalks, then took her hands and rubbed them down.  Her hands were covered in a matter of seconds.  Before he could protest, Remmy had rubbed oil on Aldric's nose and let out a giggle. 

"Very funny." 

She turned to wash her hands in the sink and he cleaned his face off. 

"The last thing to do is add sea salt and pepper.  This cooks faster than the meat loaf will so we will put it in the oven later."

"What do you want to do in the mean time?"

Aldric raised his eyebrow.

"Oh I can think of a few things."