44

Remmy woke to the smell of sausage.  She pulled on one of his shirts and came out to the kitchen.

"Good morning handsome." 

She tiptoed to kiss Aldric on his cheek. 

"Good morning beautiful."  He turned and smiled at her, love in his eyes.  He went back to cooking eggs and Remmy sat down at the bar.  "We didn't get a chance to talk much last night.

"No we didn't, but we will have plenty of time to now."

Aldric brought their plates to the bar and went back for the orange juice.  "Are you telling me what I think you are?"

"We have until I finish school, then I have to fulfill my position on the council."  Remmy could hear his foot steps get lighter.  She saw the joy in his face as he sat down and looked to her.  His face turned quizzical. 

"How did you do it?  You're too honest to lie, and it is very hard for you to hold yourself back."

Remmy's smile faded.  "I didn't.  I didn't lie.  I tried to hold myself back but only came out better for it.  One of the guys I was up against, cheated.  He is a ceptual allelomorph and used his powers against the council."

"Remmy, I'm ecstatic you didn't get chosen, but hearing this makes me wonder about the job the new Ruler will do.  He can only leave his position voluntarily or by death."

Remmy stared down at her plate and moved the food around.  "Sean knows about it.  I must have told him while I was drunk.  He said he would make this right by me, but I haven't heard anything from him.  Maybe he found another way.  Or maybe they have to do the whole tournament over again for that school?"

"Let's enjoy the time we have then.  When do you have to go back to school?"

"Monday.  And I have to make up all the assignments I have missed.  I think I might pick up a few and work on them while you are at the diner.  I will need something to keep my mind off you."  Remmy tried to give one of Sean's easy going winks but failed miserably.  Aldric laughed at her.  "What was that?"

"Sean makes it look so easy.  I really want to learn."

"Should I be jealous of this Sean?"

"Only if you wink like I do.  He makes it seem like second nature."

Remmy spent her time between school assignments, work and Aldric.  Her mini break from school was quickly over and she was about to face Monday.  She hadn't spent another night at Aldric's, but Aldric had spent most every night in her bed.  Aldric and Mack weren't the best of friends, but they got along pretty well.  Aldric minded his rules and showed Mack respect, in return Aldric got to spend the night.  He also had to cook on occasion, but Remmy didn't think Aldric minded so much.

Mack hadn't minded at all.  He was well fed, hot meals on the stove after work.  His privacy remained intact, Remmy was too busy with Aldric to consider stepping on Mack's side of the house.  Mack gave them all the space they wanted and asked for the same thing in return.  His only stipulation, "I don't wanna hear anythin', an' I don't wanna know anythin', an' I better not find out Remmy's knocked up, not in my house."

Mack had reminded them again Sunday night before heading to bed.  Aldric picked up the conversation in Remmy's room.  "I guess if you get pregnant, you will just have to move in with me."

Remmy made a face at him to show him just what she thought about that idea.  She didn't take it as lightly.  "Having a child is a serious life changing matter.  And if you wanted me to move in with you, then all you had to do was ask."

Aldric made to speak again but Remmy cut him off.  "I won't be living in the human world while going to school here.  If you want me to stay with you, you will have to move closer.  I don't know why you live in the human world any way.  Everything you have is here." Aldric was quiet and seemed to be considering it.

She got a little nervous when he hadn't said anything back.  The conversation had turned serous fast.

"If you really would move in with me, I will move to our realm."

Remmy held up her hands trying to put the brakes on this turning into an argument.  "I think we are moving a little too fast.  Quin says we are still in our honey moon stage, where everything is roses and butterflies."

Aldric looked down and shook his head.  He met her eyes before speaking again.  "I love you.  I don't want to be without you.  I almost lost you and I, I want to be with you as much as I can."  He smiled at her, turning their conversation light again.  "I don't think Mack would let me move in with you, even though I practically live here already."  Remmy grinned back at him.

"No he won't.  It took a lot to let me move in, and I am like a daughter to him.  Give me a week to think about it?  And if I say yes, I get to help pick the place."

Aldric pulled her into a loose hug, giving Remmy the space for decision.  "Deal.  Now let's get naked and not make a baby."

Remmy picked up her pillow and hit him with it.