17

On vaca at sea world. Thank god I already had this saved so I could post it later....

Remmy went about the rest of her day looking forward to the end of her shift. She ate lunch with Mack. That had been a little awkward at first but they quickly fell into a back and forth about work. When they got back she meet up with the rest of the crew and began on the foyer of the dormitory. They tried to wax the floors of the hallways and foyers once a month. The public bathrooms were cleaned and inspected at the same time. There was a housekeeping to do basic cleaning, but maintenance got stuck with the deep heavy cleaning.

Remmy was usually the one to operate the waxing machine. Some how they had all come to an unspoken hierarchy of who got what work and Remmy was always tasked with the hardest or most skilled. Today was no different. They fell into this hierarchy to sweep mop and wax the floor and Gertrude started on the bathrooms. The bathrooms consisted of three stalls and two sinks. Unless there were problems Gertrude would be finished about the time the rest were done with the floor.

Remmy hadn't paid much attention to which bathroom she had gone into first, so when the guy a little older than her walked into the men's she didn't think twice. It only took a few seconds to realize what had happened when she heard a female scream and a very embarrassed dark haired guy briskly walk out of the bathroom.

Remmy had already turned off the whirring of the machine and turned to the rest of her crew. Her face flew back to the doorway of the men's bathroom where Gertrude's face was beat red.

Quin was the first to laugh and it was contagious. Even Naldy was laughing. He stuck his mop in his bucket and walked over to her.

"You can mop instead, I'll finish up the men's and we can switch back for the women's." Naldy managed to get out in between laughs. Gertrude had looked like she was about to cry but managed to buck up when Naldy had put his hand on her shoulder. She simply nodded and made her way over to his mop bucket.

Remmy laughed with them. Gertrude's face had been priceless, but if it had happened to her she would have the same look. Remmy started to feel a little guilty and glanced over to Quin. Quin was holding her gut looking like she was about to pee herself. That was all it took for Remmy to wipe the tears from her eyes and turn the machine back on. Gertrude had already started mopping and Quin straightened out and followed suit.

They all met back at Mack's office once the work was finished. Remmy informed Mack about what had happened and Gertrude's face turned the same crimson it had earlier. Mack was much more professional about it than they had been.

"I'll make some signs ta put up while thuh bathrooms are being cleaned an' that should help out. You're all free ta go. Have uh good weekend."

Quin was out the door before he finished and Naldy walked behind Gertrude putting his hand on her shoulder once again. Mack eyed them for a second almost raising an eyebrow before he noticed Remmy staring at him. Before he could speak she interrupted.

"I think I'm gonna go train today before I head home. Don't wait up."

Mack simply nodded and watched her walk out of the door, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she went.