Chapter 19: Plan it out (Liam's POV)

Start from the beginning

                “Shh, shh, shh…” I said, rocking May back and forth in my lap well I held her head to my chest, letting her cry on it. “Everything’s going to be fine May-May… Everything’s going to be fine.”

---------------------------

                It was a few hours later when the tears finally stopped. It took a whole tub of ice cream, and almost the entire last season of FRIENDS to really get to her stop. I didn’t mind, though, and I could tell neither did Lee. May was lucky to have friends like us, and I could tell she was beyond grateful of us.

                “Lee-Lee?” May said at one point.

                “Yeah Evie?” She said back, playing with May’s hair.

                “How’s Miles?” There was a small tug of her lips, and a small smile also went on Lee’s face.

                “He’s good. In town, too.”

                May smile grew slightly. “Awh, that’s so cute that he’s come all this way to see you!”

                “All this way?” I asked. I was in the main part of the room, throwing out the ice cream carton, and cleaning up the apartment.

                Lee nodded. “He’s from New Jersey.”

                I nodded back, climbing into bed with them. This was many guys dream, getting into bed with two chicks, but I had Niall. And I was gay (bi, but still). Also, one was pretty sad and the other was taken. Not my type.

----------------------------

                I finally left May’s room sometime around 9PM, and was greeted by Niall. I was honestly surprised that he was over here.

                “Niall.” I said surprised, but pleased, and walking over to him.

                “May’s a right down bitch.” He said coldly. My jaw dropped. I may like him, but no one calls May a bitch.

                “What?” I asked, eyes budging out. “I mean, yeah, she shouldn’t’ve shut Zayn out, and definitely not like that-“

                “So you agree.”

                “- but that doesn’t make her a bitch.” I continued, like I didn’t hear him. I was still getting over the fact that he called my best friend, also one of his friends, a bitch.

                “You heard what she did to Zayn!” Niall said, looking at me like I was the crazy one.

                “Yes, I did.” I said, calmly. “But that doesn’t make her a bitch.”

                “You’re right.” He said, looking me over. “That makes her a heartless bitch.”

                I gasped loudly. “Niall!”

                He looked at me, and sighed. “You can’t be serious, Li. She broke his heart, mercilessly!”

                I shook my head. “She was trying to make sure neither of them got hurt.” I ran a hand through my hair. “She’s the type of girl with a closely guarded heart. May’s terrified to give it away. To anyone. Yes, she’s the friendly type, loves people, but May’s too scared to get a boyfriend. Scared of change.”

                “She’s… Scared?” Niall asked, confused.

                I nodded. “Terrified.”

                His shoulders slumped. “Well… What do we do? We have to come up with something that neither of them would think we’re even capable of, that’ll get them together.”

                I thought about it. Nothing came to me. Everything I thought of, May would see through. She knew me too well. “I’ve got nothing. You?”

                “I don’t know… How well can May read you?”

                “Very well.”

                “Damn.” He muttered, running a hand through his hair, before stopping. “How well can you act?”

                It was a pretty random question, so, of course, I looked at him oddly. “What?”

                Niall looked at me. “How well can you act?” He repeated.

                I looked at him oddly. “Um, fair enough, I guess.”

                “Then we have a plan.”