Lunch

"Hey gorgeous" Pete said coming up from behind and kissing Patrick's cheek. "And hello to you little guy" Pete lifted Dylan up over his head and acting like he's biting him causing Dylan to giggle. He put Dylan back down on the floor. He was just on his stomach reaching for his toy. "How's your day been?"

"Good. Just trying to get Dylan to crawl. He moved a little bit, but not that much" Patrick said giving Dylan the toy.

Pete moved a little further away from the two and sat down on the floor. "Dylan" he moved to look at his Dad. "Come on. Crawl over here" Dylan crawled over like he's done it so many time to his Dad.

"Aha! I knew you can crawl" Patrick said. The other night he left Dylan on his play mat in the living room to fill up his sippy cup. When he came back he was by the doorway.

Pete laughed moving Dylan to sit in his lap. "Cut him some slack Trick"

"Da" Dylan gurgled out.

"What you trying to say buddy?" Pete said make Patrick look shocked. He didn't think Dylan will talk this soon. It's only been 7 months.

"Da-da" he said clearly and reaching out for Patrick.

"Oh my god" Patrick squealed a little bit getting Dylan from Pete. "My baby said his first words" he was hugging Dylan feeling really proud. Pete took out his phone out and took a picture of the two. 'Love these moments. #firstwords #lovethem' he captioned it.

The two dads tried to get Dylan to talk more, but nothing. He soon yawned so Patrick put him in the crib and started singing him his lullaby. Pete filmed it like all the other times. Patrick took a picture of the sleeping Dylan remembering that the fans wanted a pic. He captioned it, 'My baby is growing up so fast.'

"Come on. Let's get to bed" Pete said. They did and Patrick laid down with Pete tracing his tattoos. Pete kissed the top of his head and mumbled in his hair, "I love you"

"Love you too" Patrick soon stopped tracing the tattoos. He started to think about everything. About what's happening in two months.

"What's wrong?" Pete said noticing Patrick's mood change.

"What are we gonna do when the album drops?" Patrick said sitting up.

"What do you mean?" Pete said confused. "We've dropped a lot of albums before Patrick"

"I know, but this one is completely different. What are we gonna do when we go on tour? Who's gonna watch Dylan? How are we ever gonna get married if we're gonna be busy with band stuff? I'm just stressing a lot" Patrick said.

"We can have Gerard and Frank watch Dylan. If you're not comfortable with that we can find someone else. Then we can get married before tour. Or we can wait. No matter what we're gonna get married. It's not like I'm gonna ever leave you and Dylan"

"I wanna get married before tour" Patrick said quietly.

"Then we'll get married before tour. I'll email management tonight saying we don't want to talk to any radio stations tomorrow. We'll have Joe and Andy do the talking for once"

Patrick smiled and kissed him. "Thank you for understanding"

"Why wouldn't I?" Patrick smiled and kissed him. "How bout we go out tomorrow? Dylan needs to get out a little more"

"I'll love that" Pete smiled at him and grabbed his laptop to write the email. Once he was done Patrick cuddled up next to him and fell asleep.

(Next Day)
The little family were heading off to have lunch. Dylan was pointing at everything when they were walking into the little cafe. It was busy all inside so the took a table outside. Patrick sat Dylan in his lap and he just grabbed cloth napkin and put it in his mouth.

"Light it up is number one on billboards" Pete said looking at the link Joe reposted on Twitter. He also reposted it.

"Really?" Patrick said shocked. He really wasn't a fan of the song. 

"Yep. Another number one baby" Pete said leaning over the table to kiss Patrick.

They started looking at the menu, but soon Pete was just looking at the two across from him. Patrick was looking at the menu while Dylan kept chewing on the napkin. He soon raised his little hand hitting the table. Patrick held his hand so he'll stop making so much noise. Pete found himself smiling at his little family.

"Do you know wha-" Patrick looked up. "What are you smiling about?"

"Just about how lucky I am" Patrick smiled and then the waiter came over. The two order and started talking about the album and then about the wedding. A fan had came up and asked for a picture. She had said thank you and sorry for interrupting. She then left. The two soon left and headed back home. On the way home they listened to Joe and Andy on the radio.

"So Pete and Patrick are new dads. How would you guys describe them as parents?" The guy asked.

"Patrick is a really good dad. He's like a protective mommy when it comes to things. Uh Pete is just really good with Dylan. He makes him smile and he just loves him to death. Together they are everything a kid wants as parents. They love Dylan to death" The couple smiled at each other knowing it was true. They always tried to be the best parents to Dylan. Sure they knew they will make mistakes while raising him, but they knew that Dylan will know they love him.

A/n: Comment any ideas you have for the wedding.