Chapter 55- Part 2

Cora was wandering around Rosamund's home. Everyone was out except from Cora. What Cora didn't know was that Robert was also at home. Robert was meant to go out with Tom however when Edith invited Tom to come to the Newspaper he decided to go with Edith. Tom wanted to see what Edith got up to at a busy office. Robert was unaware that Cora was also in the house. Robert was coming down the stairs and Cora was coming up the stairs. They didn't see each other. Cora and Robert went straight into one another. Cora almost fell backwards when Robert managed to grab her by the waist. He stopped her from falling, Robert pulled her close. All the colours in Cora's cheeks drained away. She was very pale.

"Are you alright Cora?" Robert asked concerned as he looked at Cora.

"I'm fine, thanks for not letting me fall" Cora said politely.

"I would never let you fall. You mean everything to me Cora" Robert said gently, his hands still on her waist. All Cora could do was smile.

"Where is everyone?" Robert asked.

"Mama, Violet and Isobel have gone on an outing together. Mary decided to visit Charles Blake. Edith and Tom have gone to the Newspaper. Rose made arrangements to see her friend's and Rosamund went to meet Wilber for lunch" Cora answered exasperated.

"So it's just me and you?"

Cora looked at him funnily. "Yes just me and you Robert" Cora answered slyly. Robert coughed vigorously.

"Cora would you like to accompany me to luncheon. I promise to be the perfect gentlemen" he asked looking hopeful. Cora looked unsure however she decided to accept.

"I would love to Robert. Where shall we go?"

"I thought that I would take you to where we had our first date"

Cora's eyes sparkled. "Were going to dine at the Lotus Lounge. I thought we could reminisce about all the happy memories we.ve shred" he said lovingly.

Cora's eyes grew wider and her smile was gleaming. "That's a lovely idea Robert" she placed her hand on Robert's cheek.

"I'll just get changed. I'll be 5 minutes" Cora said as she ran up the stairs. Robert chuckled. It reminded him off the girl he first met.