Chapter 8-

Robert, Simon and Tom were in the Library having a drink. Meanwhile Cora, Mary, Edith, Rose and her Mother were in the drawing room drinking Coffee. Isobel and Violet had left. Martha closely studied her daughter. She was so quiet. Cora avoided talking to anyone. Her Mother then sat down next to her. "You and Simon seem very close at dinner?". Martha was very observant. "We were just talking about Art. That's all".

"Really? I overheard part of your conversation. My Dear you should talk to Robert". Cora's eyes widened. "No mama I can't. I won't. Just leave him to it. I'll be fine". Cora tried to reassure her Mother. "My Dear. How long are you going to deny it?". Cora ignored her Mother and drank her coffee. Meanwhile in the Library Robert and Simon were having a heated discussion. Tom was stuck right in the middle. "Mr Bricker why do you spend much time with Cora?". Tom was aware of Robert's dislike for Simon. "I wouldn't say we spend a lot of time together. She's mostly here with you". Robert didn't like Simon's answer. "Well what about London?". Robert's voice was now getting a lot louder".

"In London we go to Art Gallery's and look at all the Art. Is that such a crime?". Simon smiled. Robert went to speak when Cora entered with her Mother. "I heard shouting. What's going on?". Robert went to speak again when Simon got there first. "I think I'll call it a night. Goodnight everyone". He looked directly at Cora. Simon left. Robert then spoke up. "That man really gets on my nerves". Cora sighed. "Robert I don't care if you don't like Simon. He's my friend. I wish you would keep your comments to yourself. Mama I'm off to bed. I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight". She kissed her Mother on the cheek. Cora left. Martha, Robert and Tom remained in the Library. Martha then spoke up "Robert if you love her show her. Don't get angry. You have no idea how Cora feels. Goodnight. I'll see you in the Morning". Martha left. Robert collapsed into a chair. Tom spoke up. "She's right you know. You act way too quickly. You need to trust Cora". Robert looked directly at Tom. "I know. I really love her. I'm just jealous of how much her and Mr Bricker get on. It's like she prefers him to me". He sounded very mellow now. "You just need to spend time with her. Ask her to join you tomorrow when you walk Isis". Robert nodded. Was It really a good idea to invite her to walk Isis with him? Should he spend time with her alone?