Chapter 18-

Cora was in her bedroom staring out the window. She didn't know that Violet had come in and sat on the chair. 5 minutes went by and Cora still didn't realize Violet was there. Violet closely examined Cora. Her body language. Her facial expression. Everything. Cora then got up and jumped when she saw Violet.

"How long have you been sat there?". Cora tried to calm herself.

"Long enough to know that there is something going on between you and Robert. Cora I know I didn't exactly accept you when Robert married you but you're a good Mother and a good Wife".

"When I was courting Robert countless times you tried to break up us. You didn't succeed. I wish you did. You would have saved me from a lot of pain and heartache".  Violet couldn't believe Cora was talking like this. She never spoke like this.

"Never the less. You were good for him and still are. I see that now. I also see that Robert is lucky to have you".

"He doesn't seem to think that way. He says it was love at first sight. I know he married me for my dowry. It saved the estate. It took him over a year to fall in love with me".

"Like I said. You both work well together. Talk to him about how you feel". Cora went into defence mode.

"It's my business and my business only. You have no right to suggest otherwise. Please leave".  Violet got up and went to the door when she turned around to face Cora. "Talk to him Cora". Hey eyes were making a pleading look. She was trying to help.  Violet then left. Cora sat down and sighed.