Chapter 39-

Cora was still walking around the grounds. She loved how quiet it was. The sun was shining. The birds were tweeting. Cora was overcome with warmness. She walked over to the bench to find Tom with George and Sybbie. Tom looked up to see Cora stood blocking the sun. He signalled for her to sit. So she did. Tom had sybbie sat on his lap so Cora picked up George and sat him on her lap. Tom studied Cora's body language. He didn't know how to approach Cora since he knew about Cora and Robert's situation. He watched Cora play with George and Sybbie. Tom smiled.

"How are you feeling? It's been awhile since we last spoke". Tom asked.

"I'm a lot better. Getting stronger every day. How are you?".  Cora questioned.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about Sybil. When I look at Sybbie I'm reminded of how much I miss Sybil. She should be here to witness her daughter grow up". Tom sounded really mellow. Cora gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Oh Tom I wish Sybil was here too. In a way she's still here. I know for a fact that Sybil will be looking down on you and Sybbie. She would be so proud of the way you're bringing up Sybbie. I am proud of you".  Cora grabbed Tom's hand.

"You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you Cora". Tom smiled happily. Cora and Tom played with Sybbie and George.

.......30 Minutes Later.......

Cora had left Tom, George and Sybbie. She walked back up the gravel path. As she walked into the house she was greeted by Carson.

"Yes what is it Carson?".

Carson was acting peculiar. Cora looked at him.

"M'Lady a Mr Bricker is here to see you. He's waiting in the library".

Cora was taken back. Carson looked disapproving at her. He was aware of Lord and Lady Grantham's situation. Carson really respected Lord Grantham and whatever situation he was involved in Carson sided with his employer. Even if he might be in the wrong Carson always stayed faithful to Robert. Carson didn't like Cora and Simon's close relationship.

"Okay. That will be all Cason".  Carson nodded and reluctantly left. Cora walked towards the library. As she approached the door she was overcome with nerves. Cora didn't know what to expect. She plucked up the courage and then entered the library.