Chapter 17-

It was Friday. Cora was walking around the grounds with her Mother. Martha could tell Cora was deep in her thoughts. “Cora please tell me what’s wrong?”. Martha really loves her daughter despite their strained relationship over the years.

“Oh Mama I met Robert at the restaurant in London before we left and things didn’t exactly go to plan”. They sat down on the bench.

“What happened?”. Martha took hold of her daughter’s hand. “He apologised for the way he’s been acting. He told me that he loves me. Then I told him how I felt and we spoke of Simon”.

“What about Simon?”. Martha asked.

“I told Robert the truth. That I and Simon feel for each other deeply. I know what you’re going to say. That you are ashamed of me”.

“Oh Cora you have me completely wrong. I knew from when I saw you and Simon together that there was something. I’m not ashamed”. Martha didn’t react the way Cora guessed. She seemed sympathetic but also hurt from the way Cora made her out be.

Martha hugged her daughter. Cora felt some sort of safety when she was with her Mother. “Mama I don’t know what to do from here”. She put her head in her hands.

They didn’t know that they were being watched. Robert was walking Isis and noticed Cora and Martha sat on the bench. He looked concerned but not concerned enough to go over and see what was wrong. He walked the opposite way.