Chapter 53-

It was Dinner time at Downton and everyone was in the library waiting for Cora. Rosamund looked unnerved.

"How do you think Cora got on with Mama?" Rosamund asked Robert.

"There's no need to worry. You know Cora, you also know Mama. Cora can handle her". Martha laughed. "Of course Cora can handle Violet. She is American after all". Robert laughed. Carson then opened the door and in came Cora. Rosamund didn't hesitate to ask Cora how she had go on with her Mama.

"So, how did it go? I hope Mama was pleasant with you". Martha interrupted. "There's nothing pleasant about that Woman" Martha laughed. Cora glared at her Mother. "Please Mama, it's not the time to score points".

Cora sat down next to Robert. "It went well surprisingly. Except to see your Mama here tomorrow Morning to come with us to the station". Rosamund looked astounded. "Let me get this right. Mama is coming to London?". Cora nodded. "How did you manage that? I thought Mama would make you grovel". Cora laughed. "Actually it didn't take much to persuade her. I even got an apology".

Robert looked stunned.

"I can't believe it. All I can say is thank you Cora". Rosamund said gratefully. Robert couldn't stop staring at Cora. All he could think about was how lucky he was to have a Wife like her.

...............The day they were leaving for London..............

It was Monday, the day everyone was leaving for London. The family were waiting for Violet. She was most likely going to make a dramatic entrance. Rosamund was frantic Mary spoke up.

"Trust Granny to be late. Then again she always knew how to make an entrance". Mary stated.

Then a light sound of a walking stick could be heard. They all knew that it was Violet. Carson then opened the door.

"The Dowager has arrived M'Lord". Everyone stood to receive Violet as they didn't know how she was going to act.

"Is the cars all here?". Violet asked. Robert looked at Carson. "The cars are all here M'Lord".

"Thank you Carson. Let's go. We don't want to miss the Train".

They all headed outside. Cora and Robert got into the first car. Violet, Martha and Isobel got into the second car. Mary, Edith and Rose got into the third car. Rosamund and Tom got into the forth car and the Lady's Maids and Valets got into the fifth and sixth car. They all set off for the train station.

As the cars drove through the Village, Simon Bricker came out of the post office. He saw car after car after each other. Simon knew that it must have been the Crawley's as he saw a large hat. That must have been the Dowager he thought to himself. He wondered where they were heading. Just then an Old Lady and a Woman pushing a pram stopped and started a conversation.

"Where are the Crawley Family of to?". The Old Lady asked.

"Oh, didn't you hear? The Dowagers daughter is getting re-married. There all of to London for the Wedding".

Simon overheard their conversation. He wondered why Cora hadn't said anything. He then headed back to the Grantham Arms and started to pack his suitcase. He was going back to London.

��