Part 26

This is part 26 so if you haven't read part 24 or 25 yet I recommend you go back so you know what's going on :)

It was only around 30 minutes later when Niall had paid the taxi driver and gone up the elevator to his apartment. Fumbling with his keys he was beyond anxious. What if she was sitting on the couch waiting for him as soon as the door opened? What if she was asleep but he woke her up and they argued again? And the worst thought of all, what if his apartment was empty, leaving Niall the only breathing object in the room.

He had to force the thoughts out of his mind, taking a deep breath and placing the key in the lock. He turned it slowly as the click was heard through the small lobby of the floor. His eyes closed briefly as he pushed the door open, bracing himself for the worst.

When his eyes opened he didn't see what he wanted to see. Holden wasn't on the couch worried for him, wasn't on the couch waiting for his body to open the door.

He quietly made his way through to the bedroom. He could only hear and feel his heat beating in his chest. Again slowly pushing the bedroom door open, his eyes shut for a moment to brace his fears.

A smile appeared on his lips as his eyes opened. There she was, asleep in his bed, on his side. He saw one of his tops that covered her shoulder. His smile grew wider, taking off his shoes, socks, jeans and tshirt, leaving him in his boxers he walked over to the side of the bed he rarely slept on. Crawling in not wanting to disturb the sleeping girl beside him.

He moved his body closer to hers, his arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her back to his chest. A smile still on his face as his eyes closed, falling asleep in a familiar position,

Like nothing ever happened.