Chapter 17: Mistaken

Start from the beginning

Temari turned away, not really wanting to hear any complaints from Shikamaru anymore. Besides... We have to do this...in order to find the respective people behind what had happened to me. After all, we did tell each other that no matter what happens, once we accepted a mission, we are bound to do anything to complete it. We're gonna do it. We can do this. I trust Shikamaru.

She sat on a vacant chair quite afar from the place where Shikamaru was dragged by some woman. Her teal hues remained on that same direction as it blinked, but it was never removed. No matter how I convince myself that Shikamaru won't do 'it'... Come on, he's a guy! He could easily fall for that, even if his genius brain would tell him not to, his body would. Somehow, I'm getting pissed off.

To wipe the small anger she was feeling, she stood from the table where the bartender was to order something that a woman could take. But instead of naming something, she just asked for a glass of water. She remained sitting there, but still couldn't help to glance back at the direction where she left Shikamaru. That's it! I'm going to check on him!

Therefore, she marched back to where the room was. A deep alley was passed by the cruelest kunoichi, until she reached the door which she assumed would be leading to where her boyfriend was.

"Kage Mane no Jutsu!"

"Kyaaa! Stop, stop!"

"...I have no choice but to do this!"

The female moaned. "Ah!~ Please stop!"

W-What's happening in there?! Temari's hues widened in surprise; her feelings were curiosity, anger and...jealousy. This Shikamaru! He's having too much fun! Told Temari to herself, wherein the truth, she was annoyed Shikamaru would fall for some lowly temptation like that. Like she said, she couldn't blame him--he's a man, after all.

Shikamaru scoffed. "So this is what it is, huh?"

This is what it is what? What did he mean? What is he trying to do to her? That's it!

"Shikamaru!" Exclaimed the kunoichi as she opened the door using a strong kick.

What she saw was the female being strangled, but wasn't that too hard since Shikamaru doesn't really hurt women. He just wanted her to stop from her tracks, since he had found out that she's one of the culprits behind what Daimaru did. Shikamaru wasn't really doing anything related to what Temari had in mind. "What...is this?"

"Ah, Temari. I was waiting for you to arrive," started Shikamaru. "Man, you're late. Take care of this woman."

"I thought you were doing..?" Blinked Temari in surprise.

"W-What?! I won't do that!" Denied Shikamaru, tints were once again sprayed on his cheeks. "Geez, what the hell.."

Temari scoffed. "As expected from someone who has no sex appeal."

"Says the one who actually doesn't have any sex appeal."

Are they fighting..? Thought the other female. Now is my chance! She tried to escape from the two, but had forgotten she was under Shikamaru's shadow manipulation technique.

But that little banter they had loosen Temari's anger, jealousy and curiosity down. "Well, then," she replied, glancing back at the culprit, and actually resuming where Shikamaru and her had left off. "Mind telling us what you're after, little miss? Or you will be sealed, and wouldn't be able to be reanimated again for better purposes."

"Hey," whispered Shikamaru. "Aren't you provoking her too much?"

Teal hues were still at the other female's figure. "Well, a casting of Dai Kamaitachi won't be that hard for me-"

"Alright, alright! I'll speak up, just shut it!"

Wow, she really did intimidate her. As expected.

"Shiho reanimated us. If you met that person with weird looks? The one with round glasses, and spiral designs on it? That's her; she's a cryptographer of Konoha. I don't remember who she's working for, but that's what I remember. I think I overheard her speak to someone else saying "a plan to get Shikamaru-san" but I'm not really sure."

"Oh~?" Replied Temari, amused. "Thanks for the helpful information," she smirked. "Sleep well."

"Eh? Ah? W-Wai--"

"Sealing team! Do it!"

Two people arrived, sealing the reanimated figure soon. She was seen comically crying before she took all of the seal that she needed. From there, another two people from the sealing team had reached for her body, took her with them and would be buried back on her grave after.

Sigh...

Without speaking to the other, she went out. No choice, Shikamaru followed her. From outside the door, the owner of the club was looking at them rather suspiciously. This made the blonde step once from behind, Shikamaru gasping once deep inside. "So, how was the pleasure? How was the ecstasy? Did you two-"

"We did not!" Replied Temari in annoyance and continued walking off.