Chapter 26

• Dedicated to Austin

Songs Of The Chapter: A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Shot for me by Drake

_______________________________

Everythings going so slow every car ever person all slow motion...

"Austin Mahone"

"I'm sorry miss hes in surgery..."

Fall to the ground straight to my knees head in my hands how? Why? What is wrong with me? Do I deserve this? Will he live? Whats the last thing I said to him? How could I let this happen?

"You're Kaylei right?" The lady asked what the heck?

"Yes why" I managed to choke out.

"Well you see when we got to him he was still concious and he told one of the paramedics to give you this." She said handing me a piece of paper I read it, Its the paper I used when I first woke up when I got hit by a car but it had a song on it... One he wrote about me being in the hospital bed.

'Motionless, Cold, times going so slow, open your eyes, pardon my cries, I need you here I can't lose the love of my life,

Come back Kaylei if I ain't got you here then I don't need my life. I'm just a boy with the girl I love looking for her to come back to me, to me, she can't see the pain I have.

I can see her smile in my head her laugh yeah shes got me dead. Please Please open your eyes C'mon I promise not to lie no more no no no just come back to me.

Heart rate goes beep beep but heart is going rip rip yeah you got my heart breakin I love you baby girl Im not in it for the thrill but the love I give you and you give me..."

He wrote a song for me never sang it to me why did he want to give this to me?

"Excuse me but did you guys call his mother michelle?"

"Yes we did but Austin made sure you were the first we called I'm so sorry" I just nodded and went over to the seats and sat down pulled me knees to my chest and cried, cried my eyes out its all my fault he was on his way over to my house...

If I didn't forgive him or suggest he come over tonight he'd be fine probably calling me or texting me and his friend or singing...

"Do you know when he'll be out of surgery?" I asked the front desk lady.

"It says here that he should be out in about an hour and may I suggest something?"

"Sure" I said a little confused.

"go to the nursery and look at the babies that helped me when my boyfriend was in Mr. Mahones situation" She smiled at me and I nodded calming myself a little bit still crying but trying to be strong.

"Thank you I'll go do that what floor is the nursery?" I asked

"6" she said

"ok" I walked over to the elevator and got in and pressed the 6 button.

When the doors opened I went over to the nursery looking at each and every little blessing that is in that room then my eyes wanderd over to an incubator. There lie a baby and its parents. The mom in the dads chest crying so hard. That is so sad why do these things happen I'm pretty sure they're great people. The baby looks so small and fragile helpless hurt... Tubes everywhere it reminded me of when I woke up in the hospital tubes coming from everywhere. But worse this is a little baby not as strong as I was I'm pretty sure its a girl so she could possibly die how could that happen I really just don't understand.

"He'll be fine sweety" Someone whisperd into my ear I looked around there was no one there though "He's a nice strong man like me captain curious will make it" Again someone whisperd whos captian curious?