Friends//Birthday

You're Best Friends & It's His Birthday~

Harry:

                "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Harry Edward Styles. Happy birthday to you!" you sang, putting a tiny cupcake in front of him.

                Harry looked up at you, arching a brown brow.

                "Be grateful!" you scolded him with a smile. "It took me forever to make these cupcakes-Fuck."

                "So there are more cupcakes?" Harry grinned, nodding at you, "and you thought you would get away with giving me just one...Sneaky, Y/N. Sneaky."

                You sighed, rolling your eyes, "So much for the surprise."

                "Hey," he wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you to his side, "don't be sad," he looked up at you, giving you a cupcake smile. "You surprised me."

                "That's gross, Harry," you chuckled, pushing his face away from you, "but once you finish that one, there's more in the kitchen for you."

                "Where are you going?" he asked.

                "I have to set up the rest of your gift!" you smiled at him and left the room before he could further question you.

                However, while you were building a fort in the living room, he finished his first cupcake and questioned, "What are you doing in there?"

                "Stuff!" you replied, securing the blanket roof under a heavy pillow. You stopped and added, as an afterthought. "Don't come in here, Harry! Go eat your cupcakes."

                "But..."

                "Harry..." you warned, crawling out of the large fort.

                "Alright. Alright," he sighed from the other room before his footsteps retreated.

                Now that the fort was done, you got out his gift from the Telly cabinet and put it in your new home. After that, you turned on the Telly and popped the Titanic DVD into the player. You paused the movie just as a picture appeared, not wanting to give away what you were watching.

                "Can I come in now?" Harry asked, his mouth full.

                "Yes, and bring some cupcakes please!"

                Moments later, Harry entered the room with a plate of eight cupcakes, your half gallon of milk under his arm, and two glasses being held by his right hand. When he saw you poke your head out of the fort, his grin couldn't have gotten wider.

                "You're the best, Y/N. You know that?" he shook his head at you as he put down the plate, glasses, and half gallon on the coffee table.

                "I'm quite aware," you beamed, pressing play on the remote and patting the place next to you.

                Harry joined you, handing you a cupcake, and snuggled back on the cushions inside the fort, completely oblivious to the small box next to him wrapped in "Happy Birthday" wrapping paper.

                You rolled your eyes at his absent-mindedness, earning a confused look from him.

                "What?"

                You kept the laughter in, "Nothing, Harry."

                He would find it sooner or later.