A Love Like War

Prompt: our grandfathers were mortal enemies during high school and they found out we go to the same school and keep trying to get us to sabotage each other and you're super into it but like... i kind of have a huge crush on you so i'm having a hard time??

EDIT: this one is also garbage so i'm sorry about that. i know this one makes zero sense at the end but trust me the one shots will get better as you get further along

~~~~~

Castiel was on aisle seven of the store when he heard the shouting. One of the voices was familiar, and he recognized it as his grandpa's. He walked down to the end of the aisle, and into the next.

What Castiel saw surprised him. His grandpa was yelling at another old man, who was waving his cane around accusingly. Castiel's grandpa was usually a very calm and thoughtful man, but not today, apparently.

"Grandpa, what's going on?" Castiel furrowed his eyebrows.

"This man was my rival in high school!" He shouted.

"I have my hearing aids on idiot, no need to break them with your shouting!" The other man retorted.

"Woah woah woah. Gramps, are you okay? What's going on?" A boy that looked about Castiel's age headed down the aisle.

"This is my arch enemy from high school!" He said. "We were always trying to sabotage each other."

"Dean.... this is your grandfather?" Castiel asked curiously.

"Yeah... I'm assuming that's yours." He gestured at Castiel's grandpa.

"Who is this?" Dean's grandfather pointed at Castiel with his cane.

"That's Castiel. We're uh... classmates." Dean was looking at Castiel.

Castiel wasn't meeting Dean's gaze. Instead, he was looking down at his shoes, suddenly finding them interesting. The taller boy had picked on Cas quite a few times during school. Over the years, Dean had progressively slowed down with the bullying. This was to due to his brother Sam, who had noticed and tried to talk Dean out of it.

"Dean, what if someone were to pick on me? What would you do then?" Sam had said, interrupting Dean picking on Castiel during lunch.

"I would beat the shit out of them."

"So don't pick on Cas. Him and I are pretty similar, don't you think? We're both outcasts."

Dean looked at Sam, and then at Castiel. "Come on, Sammy," was all Dean had said in response before he walked away.

Castiel looked from the ground as the memory finished. He saw Dean still looking at him, but both of their grandpas had joined him.

"Well?" Castiel's grandfather raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, what?" Castiel shook his head slightly, clearing his head.

"You and Dean are going to be sabotaging each other. To carry on the tradition."

"You've got to be kidding me...."

"Why would I joke about something like this?

Castiel sighed. "Lets just get the bread and leave, grandpa."

***

The first time Dean had sabotaged Castiel was after p.e. It was when Cas had been in the shower. He had set his clothes and towel outside the curtain.

Castiel reached for his towel from behind the curtain, but frowned when he didn't feel it. He turned off the water and poked his head out, but didn't see his clothes and towel.