Wings

Prompt: dean wakes up one night to find cas surrounded by like a hundred cans of red bull and when dean asks why cas said the tv told him that it would give him wings

(takes place after cas is a human)

requested by @haleythatblonde777

~~~~~

Dean was having a nice dream about eating as many pies as he could, when he suddenly felt someone shake him awake. "What?" He grumbled, bleary eyes looking towards the clock on his bedside table. It read 1:58 am.

"There's something wrong with Cas." Sam murmured.

The older Winchester sat up at his words, rubbing his eyes. "What do you mean?"

Sam glanced over his shoulder, and out into the hallway. The lights were on. "Just... go see him. He's in the living room." He told his brother before exiting the bedroom and heading to his own.

Dean let out a yawn before he rolled out of bed. He turned the lamp on that resided on the nightstand. He slipped on his robe to keep warm before heading out to the living room where Cas was.

Upon entering the room, he saw the fallen angel laying on the ground, surrounded by a hundred cans of Red Bull. Tears were running down his face, and he brought his hands up to hide them. "Go away." He grumbled out.

"Cas...." Dean said softly, walking over. He kicked some of the empty cans away. "What's all of this for?" He kneeled next to him.

He shook his head, not wanting to respond. Instead, he sat up, grabbed the nearest full can, and chugged half of it. When he set it down, more tears rolled down his cheeks.

He reached over, gently rubbing his back. "Hey. I can't help you until you tell me what brought all of this on."

"Th-the tv said I-I would get..... w-wings if I drank it." Cas answered shakily.

At that, Dean pulled him into a hug. "You miss being an angel, huh?" He asked quietly, and Cas gave a small nod. The former angel had buried his face in Dean's chest, sobbing into it.

After a few minutes, Castiel's sobs started to subside. He pulled away from Dean, glancing up at him with teary eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." Dean whispered, bring a hand up to wipe away some of his tears. "You didn't know that it was just a slogan and didn't actually mean you'd get wings."

"So I won't get my wings back?" Castiel frowned. He had drank all of that Red Bull for nothing.

"Unfortunately.... yeah." He said, when an idea popped into his head. "But I have an idea. I'll get you wings, don't worry."

***

A week and a half later, a package finally arrived in the mail. Dean grinned excitedly. He knew Cas would love them.

"Cas?" He walked into the library, where the man was sipping some coffee and reading a book.

Cas looked up from his book, and saw Dean was carrying a package. "What's that?" He eyed the brown box curiously.

"Well, open it up." Dean placed the box in front of him.

He set his book aside, before taking the box from in front of him. He opened it up, and let out a small gasp at what he saw. "Dean, you didn't have to!" He exclaimed, a grin emerging on his face.

Inside the box were a pair of white angel wings. Usually, they would we born as part of a Halloween costume, but Dean thought that Cas would get a kick out of them.

He took them out of the box, and stood up to put them on. Cas slipped the straps on, running to the bathroom to look at them. He grinned excitedly as he looked in the mirror. "Thank you, Dean!" He threw his arms around the hunter, pulling him in for a hug.

"Of course, Cas." He couldn't help but smile himself as he hugged him back.

Cas didn't take the wings off for weeks.

~~~~~

i mean obviously he did take them off when he showered or went to bed, but other than that he wore them all the time. even in public, but cas didn't care

anyway, i'm still working on that hogwarts au c: