Questions

Prompt: who in your otp asks the weird questions in the middle of the night and who hits the other in the face with a pillow

~~~~~

Dean felt someone shake him awake. His eyes opened sleepily to reveal Cas. He had been the one waking him up. "What is it, Cas? Is something wrong?" He wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything going on.

"I'm fine. And no, there isn't something wrong." He shook his head.

"Then what is it?" Dean glanced over his shoulder at the clock on the nightstand. It read 2:47. Why the hell was his boyfriend waking him up so late at night if it wasn't something important?

Castiel sat up a little so that he was leaning against the headboard of the bed. "I was wondering if eyebrows are considered facial hair."

"What the fuck?" Dean could hear himself saying. "Why are you thinking about that right now?"

Cas shrugged. "I don't know. I woke up but couldn't fall back asleep. I just started thinking about things, I guess."

Dean let out a small sigh, his eyes slipping shut again. "No, it's not facial hair. Goodnight, babe." He said, pulling the blankets tighter around him.

Castiel was silent for a few more minutes. "Why is abbreviated such a long word?" He pondered.

Dean rolled over so that he was facing away from Cas. "I'm not sure. Go back to sleep."

He nodded, laying back down. He tried to get comfortable, but after a while, he still wasn't able to fall asleep. "Why aren't lawyers sworn in during trials?"

"Goddamn it, Cas." The hunter huffed. He grabbed his pillow, reaching back and hitting Cas in the face with it. "I love you and all, but please shut up and go to sleep."

Castiel grunted when Dean hit him in the face. "Okay, fine. But as long as you hold me."

"Fine by me." He agreed, rolling back over and wrapping his arms around him. He pulled him closer, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. Their legs tangled together underneath the blankets.

Cas' eyes slipped shut, letting out a small yawn. After a few minutes, his breathing evened out. Dean smiled, his own eyes closing. "Finally. Night, Cas." He murmured, even though his boyfriend was already asleep. Dean fell asleep a few minutes later, a smile still on his face.