Book

Castiel laid in bed next to Dean, currently reading a book. He wasn't sure what this 'Harry Potter' series was, but Sam recommended it to him and handed him a copy of the first book.

Dean was sleeping. Or, at least he was trying to. The light on the nightstand was on so Cas could read while Dean slept. He didn't mind, since lights never bothered him anyway when he was trying to sleep. Tonight was no exception.

However, he couldn't help but toss and turn. He just couldn't fall asleep for whatever the reason. No matter what he tried, he couldn't fall asleep. He tried counting sheep, lying as still as possible, different sleeping positions, listen to music through headphones, everything.

After a while, he gave up. He stared at the ceiling (A/N: aNd he saw mary up there ayyyyy) for a moment before glancing over his boyfriend. "What're you reading?"

"Harry Potter. Sam recommended it to me." He answered, looking over at the hunter.

He nodded, becoming silent again for a few minutes before an idea popped into his head. "Do you..... do you mind reading to me? Like, just read the part you're at out loud. It might help me fall asleep."

"Sure," Cas nodded in agreement. He cleared his throat before starting to read. "Harry clambered onto his Nimbus Two Thousand. Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off. 'And the quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor — what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too —'" Castiel read off the page of the book.

"'Jordan!'" Cas attempted to make his voice sound like it was lecturing someone, but it ended up just sounding like a weird accent to Dean. "'Sorry, Professor.' The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall. 'And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, a good find of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve — back to Johnson and — no, the Slytherins have taken the quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the quaffle and off he goes — Flint flying like an eagle up there — he's going to sc- no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the quaffle — that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and — ouch — that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a bludger — quaff les taken by the Slytherins — that's Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a second bludger — sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which — nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of the quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes — she's really flying — dodges a speeding bludger — the goal posts are ahead — come on, now, Angelina — Keeper Bletchley dives — misses Gryffindor scores!'"

Dean didn't understand or know what half of the words meant. They all sounded foreign to him, but it didn't matter. Castiel reading out loud seemed to work. It was making Dean drowsy, and he couldn't fight his eyes dropping shut.

"'Gryffindor cheers filled the cold air, with howls and moans from the Slytherins. 'Budge up there, move along.'" The angel glanced over at his significant other. A small smile appeared on his face as he saw Dean's eyes shut. He turned back to the book, continuing to read.

"'Hagrid!' Ron and Hermione squeezed together to give Hagrid enough space to join them. 'Bin watchin' from me hut,' said Hagrid, patting a large pair of binoculars around his neck, 'But it isn't the same as bein' in the crowd. No sign of the snit......'" Castiel's words turned into a dull sound in the background, Dean's mind no longer being able to focus on the words anymore. He just listened to the sound of the angel's deep voice, lulling him to sleep.

Dean was out like a light.

It took Cas a few minutes to realize that his boyfriend had drifted off. As quietly as possible, he bookmarked his page, reached over and turned the lamp off on the nightstand, and laid down in the bed. He curled up next to Dean, loosely draping his arm over his waist. He pressed a feather-light kiss to the hunter's forehead, murmuring a quiet goodnight even though he knew he wouldn't get a response. Cas drifted off too, the two of them falling into a deep slumber.

~~~~~

okay yes i did actually type out a few paragraphs from the sorcerer's/philosopher's stone. it's from chapter eleven when the gryffindor team plays a quidditch match against slytherin