Take This to Your Grave (Part 1)

Prompt: hey how are you doing it's been a while hasn't it. yeah i guess i'm good but nothing's really been the same since the accident. i started talking to myself a lot lately and waiting for responses because i've been so used to you being there but now you're dead and oh look i'm crying over your grave

(also, it's an au where they aren't hunters and everyone is a human)

~~~~~

Dean set down the small bouquet of flowers on the grave, beneath the headstone. "Heya, Cas.... How're you doing? It's been a while, hasn't it?" He rested his forehead on top of the headstone.

He let out a small bitter laugh. "I guess I'm good. I miss you. Nothing has been same since the accident." Dean closed his eyes, trying to force himself not to cry.

"I must be going crazy, man. I still talk like I'm having a conversation with you, but then I realize you're not there. I miss you like crazy, Cas. I know it's only been a month since you left me. I miss you so much." He felt a tear roll down his cheek, and he sniffled.

"Sammy is worried about me, you know. Your death hit me harder than I thought it would. I had fallen for you more than I thought I had." Dean admitted. "I knew I was in deep when I couldn't sleep without you next to me. I still haven't really gotten any sleep. God Cas, I miss you so much."

He let out a shaky breath, tears now streaming down his cheeks. "Look at me, I'm crying." He couldn't help but smile rancorously and let out another bitter laugh. "Cas.... I need to tell you something. I know I never said it, but when I think about it.... I was scared. I had never had these feelings for another person, let alone a dude. So, here I am saying it. I love you, Cas.

"I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. I wish I could say it to your face right now." Dean sat in silence, still resting his forehead on the gravestone. After a couple of minutes, he slowly stood up.

~~~~~

This one's a bit short, but psst! A follow up one shot will be posted after this (maybe not immediately, but at some point).

~Ash

(and yes, the title of the chapter is a fall out boy album.)